Advertisements
Advertisements
Im new here, Im sharon and I live in VA usa. I was wondering how do you go about searching for a birth father that you have very little information on. All I have is his first name and some little things, my birth mother doesnt remeber his last name and he wasnt on my birth certificate. Can she acess my records and retrive information or not. This is in New Zealand that my records are.
thanks
sharon
Sharon,
Is your birth mother in NZ? Under the Adult Information Adoption Act of 1985 you may be able to have your adoption file opened and this would enable you to see whether your birth father's name is on your original pre-adoption birth certificate. It would be best to contact CYF in NZ and they would be able to answer any questions you might have. As your mother is willing to assist you, there should not be too many problems in getting the file opened. If you need more specific details on how to contact CYF please send me a pn.
Glenda
Advertisements
Sharon,
Is your birth mother in NZ? Under the Adult Information Adoption Act of 1985 you may be able to have your adoption file opened and this would enable you to see whether your birth father's name is on your original pre-adoption birth certificate. It would be best to contact CYF in NZ and they would be able to answer any questions you might have. As your mother is willing to assist you, there should not be too many problems in getting the file opened. If you need more specific details on how to contact CYF please send me a pn.
Glenda