Advertisements
Advertisements
Just wondering about this. I may record it and check it out before the girls see it but it sounds good. Not too fond of the title though.
[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060308/ap_en_tv/tv_thugaboo[/url]
LOS ANGELES - Call it Charlie Brown with a twist. Brothers Keenen Ivory, Shawn and Marlon Wayans, of "Scary Movie" and "In Living Color" fame, have created a series of animated children's shows, with books and toys to follow.
Its name: "Thugaboo."
The series of three specials will premiere on Nickelodeon, then air on the network's all-animation channel, Nicktoons, a network spokeswoman said Wednesday.
Inspired by the Wayans brothers' favorite childhood cartoons, "Thugaboo" follows the misadventures of nine kids growing up in the inner city.
"It's like hard meets soft," Shawn Wayans told The Associated Press. "The thug is how they dress, kind of street, but they're good kids and they make the right decisions."
Three specials are planned an hourlong show and two half-hour programs ח centered on important times in children's lives.
The first episode, set to air in August, will have a back-to-school theme, said Nickelodeon spokeswoman Marianne Romano. The second will focus on the holidays, she said. The third, called "Don't Judge a Boo by its Cover," addresses how appearances can be misleading, Shawn Wayans said.
The aim of the specials, Marlon Wayans said in a statement, is to get kids laughing "by creating characters they can relate to while entertaining their parents at the same time."
The Wayans brothers are all parents, Shawn Wayans said.
"I wanted to make the show that I want my kids to watch," he said.
Known for their irreverent comedy, the Wayans brothers most-recent film project, "White Chicks," featured co-writers Shawn and Marlon as race-swapping, cross-dressing FBI agents. Keenen Ivory directed and co-wrote the film.
"As a parent, I think it's important for kids to have a source of entertainment that deals with life in positive and comedic ways," said Keenen Ivory
As much as I loved in living color ( and WOW did I) I think I would be wary of any type of kids program by those guys. ( And I am half in love with Damon Wayans) I don't like the name either.
Advertisements
alwaysus
As much as I loved in living color ( and WOW did I) I think I would be wary of any type of kids program by those guys. ( And I am half in love with Damon Wayans) I don't like the name either.
Yeah I don't think "Thugaboo" is the greatest name...
I don't like the name of the show. Damon Wayans did a cartoon a few years back that was pretty good. Damon has a club foot and he incorporated that into the storyline. Kids are pretty cruel to a child who has to wear special shoes. If Shawn and Marlon have his input on the new cartoon it should turn out pretty decent.
Thugaboo? What the? I don't care for that name. Black people already are associated with the word thug. AND I hated when they hosted the music awards that one year. It was terrible. I like the Proud Family myself.
Advertisements