Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone had experience waiting on the ICPC from Texas. If so how long does it usually take ?
I have asked our attorney and she hasn't given me a straight answer. I do understand that the length of time varies from situation to situation - but I am again counting on you ladies for your personal experiences.
Also - we are in NY and will have to fly to Texas on a minutes notice --- any suggestions for making last minute flight arrangements without draining the savings ? :eek:
Thanks again!
We live in CT and travelled to TX for our adoption. We were there for exactly a week. That was also over Easter holiday and good friday, so I am not sure if that held it up at all. Good luck!!!!
Advertisements
I will be flying out next week sometime. I have talked to our agency and they said to get an open ended flight through a travel agent. They also said to get an extended stay hotel and a rental car. The average time waiting for the ICPC to clear is 5 to 10 working days. It is getting expensive. I have no answers just the same questions as you. Karen
Hi,
My ICPC was 4 days - it was just before Christmas though so I think the seasons spirit helped speed it up. I stayed in Homewood suites which was great - offered meals, dishwasher and the folks were super helpful. Mention that it is an adoption and ask for discounted rates - they will likely give at least weekly rates even if you don't know how long you are staying.
I used Federal Travel - they negotiate better rates with the airlines for adoption travel and know the hotels and all. I had no notice - called in the afternoon and left the next morning. You can find the number online.
Best of luck - I just love Texas babies! :clap:
Cynthia
God Bless Texas!
We were in Texas at the end of January. DS born 1/23; BMom relinquished rights on 1/25; Got word we could leave Tx on 2/1.
Re flights ... does Southwest fly from NY to Tx? If so, you might want to buy award tickets. I've seen them on e-Bay (actually people sell paper clips and throwing in the tickets). The tickets would then be fully refundable.
Just check to make sure Southwest still allows anyone to use the reward tickets! We have purchased tickets through e-Bay and have successfully used them .... just not sure Southwest has managed to stop it from happening by requiring the Rapid Reward Member to be the person who flies on the Award Ticket.
Congrats and best of luck.
Meant also to say that we have purchased tickets through e-Bay and have successfully used them .... just not sure Southwest has managed to stop it from happening by requiring the Rapid Reward Member to be the person who flies on the Award Ticket.
:)
Advertisements