Advertisements
Advertisements
This may be odd...
I would like to go back to school AGAIN. I was curious if anyone knew of any grants or scholarships available to adoptive PARENTS. I can't afford the program I want to do right now - but I would like to get it done rather than wait. I have financial aid loans but by the time I pay those back my son will be going to college himself so I don't want to add to them...
Sorry it's random but I figured I"d ask.
Advertisements
I haven't heard of any grants for adoptive parents but I'm sure there are some out there for parents and that should include adoptive parents also...I see that your single so that should count for some kind of grant or very much help with school.
I would go back to college also, but me to just don't have all the money and maybe when I get a little more time.LOL. I'll check into it.
This is completely random and may not apply...
I remember getting my FAFSA (the financial aid report) when I was in university. There was a section for "expected contributions." One part was the parental expected contribution for tuition, and another was the student's (mine). On my particular FAFSA, my expected contribution was higher than my mom's!!! She was working on her PhD at the time and was a single mom with two kids in college. I had good grades, so that made me eligible for some decent grants.
Depending on where you want to do your classes and how all that stuff works now, ten years later, you may be able to get grants to help you out. If you already have a school in mind, make an appointment with the financial aid counselor. S/he will probably be relieved to have a conversation with a grown-up, which will make them want to help you even more. :p
Good luck!