Advertisements
Advertisements
I recently joined a grief group and I left there feeling very guilty. I am grieving over missing my son and having a relationship with him and they are grieving over death. My loss has felt like death, but I still felt guilty.
I don't know if this is where I belong. What else is out there??
Desperate to get involved with a group
This loss has been described to me as sort of like a MIA family member. You don't have any idea what happened - anything could be possible. After I reunited with my son, I went to counseling. The only counselor I could find that remotely fit was a grief counselor. There just aren't any counselors who deal with adoption - at least not the grief and pain of it. So, it is a grieving process. You may not be grieving a death per se, but you are grieving a lost childhood, lost motherhood, lost everything. Peace and blessings to you.
Advertisements
Thank you for your response. I didn't return to grief group, not sure what to do. Weather where I am is terrible and I have been using that as an excuse (in a way). I feel like an outcast and I am really struggling with that. Things have been getting a little better for me here recently, but I still feel like there is more for me to do. Praying for God's guidance. (sooner than later would be nice)
Thank you for your kind words.
naturalmom59
This loss has been described to me as sort of like a MIA family member. You don't have any idea what happened - anything could be possible. After I reunited with my son, I went to counseling. The only counselor I could find that remotely fit was a grief counselor. There just aren't any counselors who deal with adoption - at least not the grief and pain of it. So, it is a grieving process. You may not be grieving a death per se, but you are grieving a lost childhood, lost motherhood, lost everything. Peace and blessings to you.