Advertisements
Advertisements
I wondered if anyone else was dealing with this. Our son has more of an Asian looking eye. His bottom lashes grow straight up and often touch his eye.
For the past three weeks he's looked like he has pink eye - left eye is gooey all day long (sorry - gross!) but no redness. Our pediatrician looked and said it didn't look like pink eye. It has not spread to the other eye and no one else has gotten it so that seems like a proper diagnosis until this morning when he woke up with his left eye crusted shut.
He still has no redness, no cold or allergy symptoms, and is not itching the eye - just a whole lot of goo :rolleyes:
Our pediatrician now thinks his eyelashes may be the culprit and if the problem continues he may have to see a pediatric eye doctor.
Anyone else wrestle with this same thing?
Thanks in advance!
Yep! As soon as our dd came home in 04 I wondered about her bottom eye lashes. She also had "goobies" in her eyes all the time with no redness. We took her to the eye doctor who said that her tear ducts were blocked. We had to massage the corner of her eyes while we gave her a bottle to open them up. As for her bottom eyelashes they still go straight up and touch her eyes. It doesn't seem to bother her though and the eye doctor said that it isn't hurting her vision so we should leave it alone. She did say that there is a surgery that can be done that pulls down the bottom part of the eye so that the eyelashes go out. This can be done at age three. It isn't needed and she said that most kids grow out of it. When she gets sick the "goobies" come back a lot. I don't really think about it anymore since it's not bothering her. I hope this helps.
Advertisements
Thank you so much! That helps tremendously :)
Anyone know of someone whose eyelashes didn't fix themselves by age three or four? Surgery - yikes!!
Yes I know what you are talking about. My daughter just turned 2 and she does have eyelashes that go into her eyes. Her left eye is worse than her right. She does have some gunk in her eye especially when she has a cold. I gently pull down on her eye so that the eyelashes stay our of her eye for the most part and I also try to keep her eyes very clean. She has a bath every night and most mornings she has her face washed. I have been able to control a lot of the gunk just by these two actions. I hope that this helps.
Beth
Both my babies have goobie eyes. The one with very asian eyes doe snot have it more. The docotor said they'll most likley out grow it, small tear ducts. He also gave drops for conjunctivitis of the eye. I wonder if some one can tell me if it is contagious? Anna
annaguat
Both my babies have goobie eyes. The one with very asian eyes doe snot have it more. The docotor said they'll most likley out grow it, small tear ducts. He also gave drops for conjunctivitis of the eye. I wonder if some one can tell me if it is contagious? Anna
I know conjunctivitis is very contagious. Whatever is causing my little guy's eyes to be gooey is probably not? It's been several weeks and no one else has gooey eyes and it hasn't spread to his other eye yet.
I wonder if drops will help clear up the goo? It has been pretty consistent goo (sometimes green - sorry so graphic!!) for several weeks.
Advertisements
I’ve tried Latisse twice and did not get results. After 1 week with Dermalmd Lash Growth I started seeing a difference. 2 weeks in right now and my lashes are fuller and thicker. The applicator brush is much easier to use than Latisse and can get right to the lash line. I’m amazed at this product so far!