Advertisements
Advertisements
I need some help. My son, Jory, will be 16 months on the 25th. He has started calling me "Ash." It's odd because whenever someone is talking to him they refer to me as mommy or mom. He can say mommy, but he has never called me that.
I've been calling myself mommy more trying to reinforce it. I sign when we are signing. What am I not thinking of that I can do?
If I ask him to bring something to mommy, he does. And when other people say give this to mommy or where is mommy, he comes to me. So he knows I'm mommy.
This morning he was calling for me. And I said, I'm mommy, not Yash. When I got to his room. I repeated, I'm mommy. And he countered back, Ash. I repeated mommy again and he nodded his head and said Ash again.
Help.
He's too young to mean any disrespect and so dont take it so hard. my boyfriend was older and had some grandkids and my son called him granpa frank and still does. at first i was shocked and tried to stop it and then he reminded me that children cannot think abstractly or understand the significance of what they are saying and not to worry about it. all is well keep doing what ur doind and smile so he knows ur not mad and im sure hell get the point!
Advertisements
Thanks for responding. I knew he wasn't being disrespectful, but that little devil knew what he was doing. :) Now at 3, when I ask him my name, it's mommy....
It bothered me because he could say it, but refused to. I'm his mommy and wanted to be addressed as such. It's a title I'm privileged to have so I wanted to hear it. Plus as a first time mother, I was dying to hear that one word.
Advertisements
Kids are the darndest things aren't they! My 21 month old son doesn't say many words (we're in speech therapy.) He CAN say Mama, but if I try to get him to say it, he gleefully spouts out, clear as day: DADDY! He knows what he's doing! This too shall pass, but everyone wants to hear MaMa!
My two and half year old dd has an extensive vocab. This weekend her father urked her...So she said, "Hey, Daddy I gonna call you Tony almost all day!" and she did. She knows it bugs him. She could call me by my name and I would answer (we have foster kids so she hears it all the time) and she doesn't get anything out of it. It floors him though :eyebrows: .
My three year old tries out different names. This afternoon he got into the car and said, "Mama . . . Mom . . . mother . . . mother will you do me a favor?"
Advertisements
Right now he is only 16 months old and in this age children learn that thing which is being done infront of them.For example if your hubby is calling you with your name then definitely he also would call you by your name, But if somebody call you mummy the he also would call you mummy.So you should not worried about this.With the time he would learn to call you mummy only.
[URL="http://advice4parenting.com/"]Parenting Tips[/URL]
try to spend more and more time with your soon and give a good lesson abouut mamma i believe after some time he change and call you mumma.
[url=http://www.autismchildparenting.com]How Does Autism Affect Children[/url]