Advertisements
Advertisements
As The Month Of April Closes, Let Us Not Forget Cindy Jordan - A First Mother Who Took Her Own Life On APRIL 8, 2004 After The Promises Of An Open [url="http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?t=249013#"] style=" color:rgb(0,117,0);"[font=Arial][font=Arial]Adoption[/font][/font][/url] With Her Little Girl Were Broken By Adopter, Author, And Psychologist, Susan Burns, Psy.D.
REST IN PEACE CINDY* MAY YOU KNOW YOUR DAUGHTER IN HEAVEN!
I am remembering Cindy today. Its been five years since her death and I think of her often. She was my friend and she died tragically. Adoption caused her so, so much pain and every single adoptive parent needs to know and remember her story. TO know she was a real person who lived and loved and was absolutely destroyed by her child's adoptive parents. Think of her today please.
Jen
Advertisements
Wow- I'm scanning this post & I'm totally speechless. I haven't heard this story before. This is completely tragic & I'm so saddened to see that someone would do that to anyone. It may have been listed on here already but is there a website or book that I can learn more about her? I'm so sad that this happened.....
Steph-Jason
Wow- I'm scanning this post & I'm totally speechless. I haven't heard this story before. This is completely tragic & I'm so saddened to see that someone would do that to anyone. It may have been listed on here already but is there a website or book that I can learn more about her? I'm so sad that this happened.....
This website tells Cindy's story:
[url=http://lifemothers.com/cindy_welcome.html]Remembering Cindy Jordan ~ Lifemother & Mother[/url]
What happened to her was tragic and I appreciate Jen keeping her memory alive.
One website where you can learn more about Cindy is [url]http://remembercindy.com[/url]. I think you can also find her story at [url=http://www.lifemothers.com]Lifemothers.com[/url]. :loveyou:
I was talking to her mom this week - I know how much it would mean if some would take the time to say they remember and honor Cindy's memory at the guestbook at her memory site. If you want to know more of her story, google her name, and that of the adoptive parents of her daughter. All easy to find.
Really - I am an adoptive parent and I understand lots of the fears, but Cindy was hurt SOOOO beyond the scope of any form of humaness. Pray for her sons, her daughter and her family please.
Jen
Advertisements
WOW! She is in my prayers, her family and her daughter especially who has to live with someone who could coldly do what she did to Cindy!
Wow has it been 5 years already? I remeber hearing about her death like it was yesrerday. That was a death that should have never happened if promises were kept. Rest in Peace Cindy.
Jen, how is Cindy's son doing?
EZ
Her younger son is doing really well -- her older son who was living with her when she died is really struggling. Keep the whole family in your prayers please.
Her daughter, M, turns 8 at the end of the month. I hope she is happy and I hope she knows how much her mama loved her and missed her!
Advertisements
Just bumping once again ... Today is Cindy's daughter's 9th birthday. Let's not forget her memory - the cost of her death - and the importance of ethical adoptions for ALL members of the triad. M is half way to 18 already and soon enough she will know all about her first mama and how much she loved her, and how very hurt Cindy was by the actions of her parents. Its a CONTINUING tragedy.
taramayrn
:grr: :hissy:
I would have passed out to have recieved a present from my birth family or to have known my birth family would have liked to send me even a hand drawn card or letter
Oceans
WOW - I'm speechless...
I am also terribly saddened about the story of Kate on the site.
No words really -
Oceans... what is the story of Kate??
Advertisements
If you go to Cindy's site on lifemothers there is a story of "kate" there as well. She was another biological mother that killed herself shortly after Cindy died. Her son's aparents disappeared with him (as in moved, changed numbers etc) within weeks of him being born and adopted into what was supposed to be and promised to be an open relationship. There is more info at the site - but her story is not as public as Cindy's because Cindy's daughter's adoptive mother chose to write a book about the "Fast Track Method" they used to facilitate a "successful placement" of Cindy's daughter with them. It was just weeks after that books release that Cindy killed herself.
Jensboys
If you go to Cindy's site on lifemothers there is a story of "kate" there as well. She was another biological mother that killed herself shortly after Cindy died. Her son's aparents disappeared with him (as in moved, changed numbers etc) within weeks of him being born and adopted into what was supposed to be and promised to be an open relationship. There is more info at the site - but her story is not as public as Cindy's because Cindy's daughter's adoptive mother chose to write a book about the "Fast Track Method" they used to facilitate a "successful placement" of Cindy's daughter with them. It was just weeks after that books release that Cindy killed herself.
what is the fast track method Jenn? and thanks for telling me about kate..