Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
My husband and I are currently adopting twin daughters from Guatemala and are going to re-adopt them in either Maine or NH as we aren't sure where we will be living yet :cool: . Does anyone have any information regarding how to go about this ie: what is expected? what docs we will need? how much atty's are? how long it takes? Yup, I have TONS of questions! Please PM me with any and all information that you may have.
Thank you so much in advance!
Maura.
Hi Maura! We did a re adoption in NH. We didn't need a lawyer and it didn't cost very much (I think like $75 and then $25 to get a copy of the birth certificate). We went to the probabte court and they gave us a form to fill out and then we got a court date. The Judge went over the documents and then they allowed us to take pictures and have a little party in one of their side rooms. they were so nice and said they realize our family wasn't w/ us for the International court day so they like to make it a big deal here! Good luck - where are you moving to?
Advertisements
We live in NH and our adoption was just finalized this week. It was very easy, we did it all without the help of an attorney and all it cost us was the filing fee (about $55 ) and the cost of a new birth certificate. NH has awesome laws regarding adoption (no waiting period for bparents to change thier minds etc.) It was wonderful and our judge was AMAZING!
I highly recommend NH. ~~As a sidenote we petitioned to waive the homestudy so we could save time and money and it was granted so we didn't have to do that either. I vote for NH.
Any questions email me at AveryKlan@charter.net
Congratulations!
Denise
Mom to 5