Advertisements
Advertisements
:woohoo: Ministry called our attorney last week and said there's a baby boy for us and asked if someone in our family could take him until we can get down there.
We're still waiting on some of our re-done documents to come back from apostille, so they're not in Panama yet. Of course everybody on both sides is impatient. But our attorney showed a copy of them (that we'd emailed her) to show we're working as fast as we can to comply with their demands. They wouldn't accept those papers to be put in our file, but it seemed to help to at least see copies and know the originals are en route.
After our lawyer showed these copies (without apostille), the only additional info about the baby that they would/could release is he's 5 months old and from Bocas del Toros.
Our attorney will be getting the baby as soon as the Ministry gives the word.
Methinks hubby and I are about to hyperventilate. We have SO many questions and are afraid to think this is it...that it's finally happening.
A referral question:
What/how did you get your official referral? I keep envisioning some formal government document instead of an email or phone call.
Shaking in my boots. Somebody pinch me! But most importantly, somebody keep me grounded, please!
Robin
Advertisements
Congratulations! I just happened to pop over from the Guatemala board. I'm so excited for you. Do you know when you get to travel? Good luck!!!
Congrats! I am hopping over here from the Guat board to learn more about adoption from this country! Awesome news!
Hugs
Advertisements
I am just curious if you could pm me your attorney's name. My dh and I had submitted all of our paperwork and paid 1/2 for an adoption through Panama. This was in 2002. We get monthly or so updates. But nothing new. We had been referred one child in 2005, but the child had down syndrome. We didn't feel we were capable at that time to accept his referral. In the process while nothing had taken place here for quite some time, we adopted a little girl from Guat, who is now 2 yrs old. We are in process for #2.
I am curious if maybe Panama is picking up again?
Thanks.
Our paperwork is officially in Panama & being reviewed as of Friday! I am so happy for you!!! I know you must have a thousand things to do to get ready!
Are you going down to foster or are you going for pick up? How long did you wait for a referral? What atorney are you using?
OK, sorry for so many questions. It's just great to find someone that is having progress! PM me if you get a chance -- I know you must be super busy/excited right now!!!!!
Can't wait to hear more!!!
m.