Advertisements
Advertisements
:grr: hi, my name is laura, and I am 44 and was born and adopted in NY state. my birth cert. [ my ammended one ] has a fathers name listed but there is no mothers name listed[ it is blank as far as a mothers name]. has anyone ever heard of a birth cert. like this? I have found no one yet that has seen one or has heard of one. and I have not found any thing online that even talks of a birth cert like this. but my cert. is this way. my situation is complex so I do not want to lengthen this. I am going to post aanother post on myself stating the facts I know this wk. just wondering if anyone has heard of a birth cert. like mine . thnks for listening- laura.
The only time I've heard of a birth certificate that lists a father but no mother is when a single father has adopted a child.
Hope that helps!
Advertisements
At least yours has a name mine doesnt have a mothers or fathers name just mine and where I was born in NY.
I've not heard of it but I only have my amended so there is no telling what my OBC looks like. I may never see it. All I have is non-id info that I'm not sure is correct. I'm iso 4 older siblings I was adopted thru onondaga DSS in syracuse. It says my Birth mother died in early 1967. Good luck in everyone's searches.
marymaid
At least yours has a name mine doesnt have a mothers or fathers name just mine and where I was born in NY.
I'd rather have no names at all than to have to see the people currently listed as my "parents". In fact, I'm pursuing every legal avenue I can think of to get their names OFF my B/C.
So, it's all relative, ya know?
OP: Since it's an amended B/C, it does sound as though it was an adoption by a single male?
Advertisements
Hi,
That BC where only father is listed is common if you were adopted by a single male. Same would occur if you were adopted by a single female.
I was adopted by a single woman. So on my amended BC her name is the only one on there for mother, nothing for father.
I dont have my original BC, but it would look the same because my bio father is unknown. My bio mother didnt even know who he was and lied about it too. The courts tried everything to find him while we were in foster care, but every name she gave was a fake name. So original and my amended one only has the mother filled in. Father is blank on both.