Advertisements
Advertisements
Without going into how, I have been in a delightful, 1 1/2 year, ongoing relationship with a boy in Romania who just turned 19. :clap: We have long worked through all the fear the nay sayers heap upon both of us that we don't know what we are doing, so that has been settled. I plan to go see him in June and spend the summer with him, getting him prepared to do a lot of academic work and testing. I need to know, since he is of age, what would be the process of adopting him? We want to make him our own child and give him the benefit of legal family. We are not thinking yet of how to get him here....this has to be handled one task at a time. I am appalled at the obstacles presented by getting a visa for a legal adult with no Romanain family. As for the adoptions, I know that here in the US the over-age person only has to sign papers to become a legal heir. Does anyone know how this is done in Romania?
I am sorry, unless you are an expat here for at least 5 years than it is illegal for you to adopt a child from Romania. No matter the reason, lack of family or his age.
Advertisements
Hello my name is Christina & I just read your story & it's a beautiful thing of what your doing. I need to know if you ever got the chance to adopt your son from Romania. I see you wrote your story 4years ago so he must be 23yrs old. Please let me know any info because I wanna adopt a boy from Romania as well who is 13yrs old. Please get back at me a.s.a.p.:wings: