Advertisements
Advertisements
Your state will probably require a police clearance as part of your homestudy. Your homestudy agency can advise you about obtaining it. Usually, you go to a particular police headquarters and request one, and ask that it be notarized.
You will also need to file the I-600A with the USCIS. You can download it from the USCIS website. Once you have filed this document with your homestudy report and other required documents, the USCIS will send you an appointment for fingerprinting for the FBI criminal records check. Once your prints have been obtained, the USCIS will determine whether you are approvable, and then will send you either the 171-H or the 797-C form, indicating the acceptance.
Sharon
Advertisements
eredmyth
how/where do i get my criminal background check?
You can do it online. Check this site: [url=http://www.dontbeavictim.org/background-checks/criminal-record-background-check.html]criminal background check[/url].
We had our background checks done at our local Sheriff's office. We filled out a form and after they ran a check, they stamped it "No criminal record on file", signed it and notarized it for us. This was used for our dossier. Our homestudy required state and FBI fingerprints done. We also did these at our local Sheriff's department. They did them electronically and we had our results in less than 10 minutes. Of course, since we did an international adoption, we had to have another round of fingerprinting done at our local USCIS office.