Advertisements
Advertisements
Tim was 4.5 and William was 3.5 years old. I agree with all of Crispex's pros and cons -- esp the 'only pullups" and only for a tiny little while did our boys need them.
We had a hard time learning English in our house.. they didnt really talk russian to each other but it certainly was a long time until they talked in normal, complete sentences. Also, they were tested for delays by the local school system and one was about 6 months behind in receptive and expressive language and the other was about a year behind. Emotionally they also seemed much younger but now they are 6 and almost 7 and have mostly caught up. Sometimes I do feel like they act "younger" than some of the other kids their age in the neighborhood but who knows what thats about.
what I think was different is that when kids are babies everything is magical to parents 'ohhh, they just smiled, ohhh they just babbled etc' and with older kids everything is magical to THEM which we enjoyed much more.
I would encourage older child adoption.. if i had it to do over again i wouldnt have done two at once... it about destroyed our family (our older child is VERY ADHD and went undiagnosed until very recently) but we have survived and thrived into a very nice family.
Good luck to you!
alli