Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone under 25 every adopted from Liberia, Africa?
I am having a problem finding an agency to work with my husband and I because I am only 20.
Have any advice?
We are adopting from Liberia and we're 25. I don't think that Liberia has an age limit, but the U.S. does. You have to be 21 to adopt internationally if you are married, 25 if you are single. I don't know the reason for the rules, but that's what they are. :-(
Some agencies don't like to work with anyone under the age of 25, but that depends on the agency. What are they telling you about your age, etc.? When are your birthdays? You might be able to start the process but not submit your I-600a until after you are 21.
If you want to talk about Liberia feel free to PM me. It is a neat country with beautiful children and I love to hear that more people are adopting from there.
God bless.
~Rachel
Advertisements
A married couple can be of any age. The actual code (8CFR 204.3 Orphans) is pretty clear, but most people don't look at that. :grr: I had the same problem with finding an agency that would work for us with Vietnam. So I just kept looking and looking, and finally found 2 that would. My only advice is keep perservering. Start calling every agency that has a program there. Eventually you will find one. Hang in there.
Thanks so much ladies.
Devildog.. you are always a savior.
It's just getting so frustrated because for some reason it will say on their site "we work with people of all age groups and situations" but yet they refuse to work with me because I am 20,AND there is no age limit in the country" and they will say something like "You have to be 25, sorry!" and that's it. How heartless! It is just getting so aggrivating! But I am determined to find a company, any company that will help me out!:coffee:
:thanks:
Hi, did you ever end up finding an agency that allowed you to adopt internationally under the age of 25? I am 23 and my husband is 26 and we cant find anyone willing to work with us. Any information you have would be really helpful.
Thank you!