Advertisements
Advertisements
We are still in the beginning stages. Have our orientation with the county of San Bernardino on May 16th. We haven't actually decided to adopt. We first thought about foster care and then someone told me about fos-adopt. So we may go in that direction. Right now, I am not sure which way to go. I have been on a lot of boards and listened to peoples' stories. Some of them are downright horrifying. I want to be a light in the darkness of a child's life.
Any advice or suggestions?
Advertisements
We started the process with SB County last March and had a horrendous experience. I'd never do it again, ever! We're having a much more pleasant and enlightening experience with Children's Bureau!
My husband and I live in the High Desert and recently adopted our beautiful little girl. Do you know of any adoption groups up here? I think it would be nice for the kids as well as the parents to be around other people who may have experienced (or will experience) some similar things.
you may want to call a few churches and foster family agencies in your area and see if they have a support group. :)
Advertisements
I'm on the border of San Bernardino & Riverside Counties in the beautiful new city of Eastvale off the 15, 71 & 60 freeways.
I know a few moms in the area that have adopted children from international, private & foster care. We meet up every once in a while for playdates. Anyone interested? I will add you to our next park day! Love to meet other local adoptive families...
I live in Hesperia and work in Victorville! My wife and I have adopted 4 boys from foster care and currently have guardianship (trying to adopt) our one son's 8-month-old half sister.
Alicia
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for advice on which agency to use for foster adoption and possibly just foster parenting. We are hoping for a single girl ages 2 to 7. If anyone has an advice could they PM me?
Thanks in advance!
~heather
coheteia
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for advice on which agency to use for foster adoption and possibly just foster parenting. We are hoping for a single girl ages 2 to 7. If anyone has an advice could they PM me?
Thanks in advance!
~heather
I would be interested as well... :)
And we just got a call...we were just phoned that we have been matched. We know nothing else. I am so happy but I am trying not to be too excited. We have experienced a failed match before. Anyway I am praying it works.
adoptionjourney
And we just got a call...we were just phoned that we have been matched. We know nothing else. I am so happy but I am trying not to be too excited. We have experienced a failed match before. Anyway I am praying it works.
Yay! Keep us posted... Hope it works out for you.
Advertisements
Hi everyone! We're in a small city right in the Colton area. We're planning on doing a domestic independent adoption, and I'm looking at a few places for a homestudy. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place that does them locally? I'm not having much luck on Google...
We went through Kinship Center. Not sure how much info I can give on this site, but if you PM me, I can give you their information.
Alicia