Advertisements
Advertisements
Ohh finally a place where all the FANTASTIC people can hang out.
Lethbridge girl here.....
We have one son through open adoption and are currently looking to adopt again. We are using an agency in Calgary (with the main office in Edmonton).
Just thought I'd be the first to say HOWDY!!
Hello!!!! Tammy here in Edmontonformerly of Wainwright AB. Mom to two babes (almost 3 and 7 mo) both through open adoption, private agency in Edmonton. We were also waiting at different times with Alberta Children's Services and licensed for Foster-to-Adopt. We're still not certain we're "done" altho the probabilty is pretty good that we are. But who know?
Here to offer support and whatever... hugs to all of you waiting!!!
Advertisements
Hi, I'm from Edmonton and am currently on a waiting list with a private agency for an open infant adoption...been waiting for 4 months now (exactly 4 months...)...going a little nuts! :arrow:
So how long did yall wait to be matched???...we were told the average wait right now with our agency is 18 months....which, coincidently, is the length of TWO pregnancies....so whoever compared this wait time to being pregnant is a bit off in their calculations LOL
Advertisements
labgirl
So how long did yall wait to be matched???...we were told the average wait right now with our agency is 18 months....which, coincidently, is the length of TWO pregnancies....so whoever compared this wait time to being pregnant is a bit off in their calculations LOL
Hello! We are in Edmonton (at least right now... probably moving in the Spring!) and parenting two kiddos who came to us through adoption. Our agency is here in Edmonton (the same one the Leigh is with...).
DD joined our family after a 13 month wait to match (match was only 2 days before birth) in 2004. DS came to us after 12 months (match was 2 weeks before birth) of waiting in mid-2006. Kiddos are 27 months apart. We were below average both times but we were also VERY open in what we were willing to consider regarding ethnicity, health history of parents and prenatal history of the baby.
On another note... I have discovered that there are very few things about adoption that parallel pregnancy (although I've never experienced pregnancy passed 10 weeks so I guess I'm not an expert in that). Too many people try to make it that way, but it is a totally different experience IMO. Especially the wait...
Best of everything!
OK so I'm already frustrated with this waiting crap...2 of my co-workers are having babies this month and the running joke all through their pregnancies was that there would be three of us on mat leave by December....I kept correcting people when they said that but there was always this little part of me that said "maybe....i hope" and now nobody is saying anything about it....surprise, I was right! I told them it's a long undetermined wait and I know they mean well but every time someone says something like "maybe santa will bring you a baby for christmas" it gets my hopes up and I really don't need that, I need to be realistic and remind myself that the average wait is 18 months and that doesn't mean anything cuz we may NEVER get picked. :hissy: Sorry, I just needed to rant to people that "get it".
On a better note, I have a friend that found out she's 11 weeks preg and she's so happy and she loves to talk baby stuff with me and go shopping, so it's fun having a close friend to be "pregnant" with.:paci: