Advertisements
Advertisements
Let's see if I end up being the only one on this forum :)
My husband and I are in Raleigh, and while we aren't adopting domestically we would still love to meet others from the area who are either adopting or have adopted. I'd introduce myself but I think my signiture tells you whatever you want to know!
Okay, now, we need a second post.
-Megan
Terry,
I am so sorry to hear about the failed adoption. Before my parents adopted me, they had a failed adoption where the birthmother changed her mind at the last minute. My mom said that was the most devastating time of her life, but that she got through and ended up getting me. Hopefully something will work out for you in the future. I appreciate the offer for information, but we will actually be out of town. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just had their first child and we are going to meet him! It's exciting, but difficult - we feel like we have so much to offer as parents, but there is no quick actions. Hang in there!
Alyssa
Advertisements
My husband and I live in Apex and are on the wait list to adopt two children from Russia. I look forward to meeting other adoptive couples in the area.
Hi, we're from Raleigh. My husband and I are just beginning the adoption process. We just sent in our agency application today, so I guess everything is now officially rolling.
We are looking to adopt a 2-4 year old from Moldova. It is great to hear that this area is so pro-adoption. Thanks for starting this thread!
Hi all! I'm Amber, my husband and I are adopting two unrelated children from Guatemala currently 6 months old (boy and girl). We're in PGN right now and hope to have them home sometime in November---we received our referral in Feb.
Amber
Hi everyone! If any of you are adopting from Guatemala in NC, there is an organization that hosts monthly get-togethers for families- it's the Guatemalan Forever Families Network of North Carolina. The blog site is: [URL="http://www.guatemalanforeverfamiliesnewtwork.blogspot.com"]www.guatemalanforeverfamiliesnewtwork.blogspot.com[/URL].
Advertisements
Asauer, the link didn't work, which is odd because I googled the group you're talking about and the URL looks to be right...
For an update on us: On August 10th we were referred the most adorable little boy on all of Ethiopia! He'll be 2 in mid-November, and we're praying he's home by his birthday (though given the court closure we aren't sure that'll be the case). His name is Tariku, and we'll be calling him Paxton. We're keeping both his first and last names as his two middle names, so that if he chooses to go by them he can legally do so. We're trying not to freak our over this leg of waiting. There's waiting to get on the "list", then waiting for a referral once you're on it, then waiting for the travel date, and then those last few weeks of waiting to travel, while running around doing everything. We're so close now! We just need that travel date! Maybe in a month or so, once the courts have reopened, we'll hear something.
Good luck everyone! Don't forget to update and let us know what's going on with you and/or your adoptions, even if absolutely nothing has gone on lately :)
Megan,
How exciting that you could be leaving in the next few months to go get your son.
I am Samantha, single mom to Biset. I adopted her from Ethiopia just over a year ago. We live in Durham. I am not new to this forum or the adoption world by any means but I just noticed this thread. I am planning our second annual Ethiopian adopters picnic for later this month. It will be held in Raleigh.
I hope everyone's adoptions are going smoothly!
Samantha
HI,
we live in cary,and recently finalized adoption of our 10 year old foster son.The agency we worked with does have adoption supprt meetings once a month,but its on same night as cub scouts,so we cant attend.maybe we can form a new support group.we chose to do fost-adopt and it went well for us.
We're ecstatic right now! We just got our travel email! Paxton is our SON!!!!!
I'm in total shock, and I just have to scream to the world about this! We'll be with him on his birthday!!!!
Samantha: I can't wait to join in on the Ethiopia Adoption Group's festivities with Pax. I feel bad I haven't been doing anything with you all really, but now I feel the need to get in touch with everyone and say "OMG, help me, I just realized I have no clue what I'm doing!" It's nice to know there's a big support group in the area!
-Megan
Advertisements
Wow, been pretty quiet around these parts hasn't it? Pax has been home almost 10 months now, doing great, and we're planning to start up a second adoption. What's up with everyone else?
-Megan
Hi everyone. I just found these boards. I guess of all the NC areas, Raleigh is the closest to us. We live in Farmville, so about an hour east of Raleigh. My husband and I have been married for 6 years and we have 2 sons. We're hoping to add to our family with more biological children as well as adoptive children. We are in a wait and see stage right now with a cousin of mine who is young, unmarried, and pregnant. We are hoping that if she chooses adoption for her daughter, that she will place her with my husband and I.
Nice to meet everyone!
Hello Raleigh-ites!
Is there anyone still around searching for some new posts for Raleigh? If so, im around! Will share my experiences if anyone else is here....
Advertisements
Thanks for the response. We are just sending in our papers for the homestudy this week. We are excited to start this journey, but also nervous after reading about some of the scammers out there. Did you use an agency out of TX to be matched with your boys?