Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
HI, I am 33, and have 2 bio kids, gaurdianship of 1 child, adopting from foster one child, and I'm fostering one child right now..dh and I have fostered now for 3 yrs.
We have lived in Bakersfield all our lives, we like many restaurants. We like Bakersfield because it is centeraly located. We love going to the beach in the summer, we have quads and sandrails..And in the winter, its Big Bear, for the kids to ski.
I love this sight, and was excited to see a board for Bakersfield...I hope more who live here will post here, this could be really fun, and if you foster, we may have met a the cvc building. I'll check back soon!!
Advertisements
My name is Karlee Dawn, I am seventeen years old. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant; 23 weeks actually. Ultrasound nurse told me that that was how far along I was but I think I'm less because I've had a period since then. I am looking for someone to adopt my baby. It'll be a Native American-German-Swedish-French little bugger, not sure of the sex. Mainly German and Swedish and French since those are common heritages the father and I have)
My favorite restaurant...hm, thats hard. I have lived here all my life, except for last summer when I went to live with my dad's parents in Utah. I love love love Leos, and El Adobe; my mom and I like to go eat sushi too, but I guess I have to veer away from that little piece of heaven for a while. Panda Express is also a favorite, as is Subway. :] So many choices!!!
Honestly, I don't know what I like about Bakersfield. I love being close to most of my family, my mom's side anyway. We are very family-oriented. My gma, uncle and tia, and my family try to get together once a week to have dinner together and catch up. Me and my uncle go out to lunch regularly and we're real close.
I don't like Bakersfield because there is so many drugs available. I only have two friends out of the, I'd say ten, that I had last year, that haven't turned to drugs. I'll admit that I tried but stayed strictly herbal and didn't do too much/stay on them too long. It just wasn't my thing. =/
I like being close to the beach without having to deal with some of the super snobby rich people that live even closer. We go down to the beach once a year, during the summer, for nine days and stay in the trailer. I recently went dirt bike riding with my friend. The field was literally right out his back yard fence. It was fun. :]
I was surprised to see a board for Bakersfield. I didn't think that it was that big of a city. haha. Maybe its just not that big because I know my way around it pretty well. -shrug-