Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
Hi there! I have been a member of this board on the Guatemalan Adoption forum for over a year now. I could not have gotten through the adoption process without the wonderful support everyone gave me over on that board. I'm thrilled now to have a new local board.
My husband and I live in North Kingstown, RI - within walking distance to Wickford Village. I'm in love with Wickford!
We brought our son home from Guatemala on August 3 when he was 6 1/2 months old. He just turned One last Monday. We live in a great neighborhood where there are many other babies and toddlers for him to play with. We have also met other local families who have adopted from Guatemala through our agency.
I also just found out about the ODS ACONE chapter in RI. They are having a potluck party on Feb 10. If anyone is interested you can PM for the email of the organizer.
Gotta run now. Hope more folks jump onto this board.
Wendy
Advertisements
Wendy- I used to live in North Kingstown up until 1988. Lived there all of my life, went to Wickford Elemetary and Wickford Middle, Prout high School. Lived off Annaquatucket road. I am now living in Texas but miss Rhode Island terribly. I am going to be coming back for my (gulp) 20 year high school reunion this year. I am sure so much has changed since the last time I was back. I know the elementary school closed and that the harborside Grill is gone ( I was so saddened by this as they had the best clamcakes!)