Advertisements
Advertisements
hey there, is there anyone in Saskatchewan looking to adopt?? My husband and I have been on the waiting list for 8 or so years and we were finally were picked to be adoptive parents...on Nov. 29th our baby was born..and 7 weeks later the birth mom changed her mind. The paternity of the father was unknown so we had to wait for the judge to sign papers in place of the father...after he signed, that is when our 30 day waiting period started. The birth mom chose to go the 30 day route as well, instead of the 2 week waiting period that they have in place. I am not sure why they let her go 30 days..I think it should be 2 weeks for the mom, and after that, she is out of luck.. well it was just 2 days short of being with our daughter for 7 weeks and she changed her mind. (Jan. 15) Now we have to start over again. I hope it is not going to be another 8 yr wait. along with the loss of our daughter, my husband and I have to now put our cat down. 2007 is NOT a good year, and we only have just begun it.
we would go to a private agency but right now our $$ situation is not the greatest..so international adoption is also out of the question
the wait kinda depends....We are going through an agency so yes, most of their situations are newborn babies. They do have the odd older child placement. Since the birthparents pick, it could be anywhere from 1 day to several years. I've heard of both happening.
Advertisements
I just wanted to let everyone know the birthmom e-mailed me today with a very short update and a few pictures. I didn't take the e-mail very well...opened up a bunch of feelings that I was trying to put behind me. She told me the baby was doing just great, growing up fast...so on and so on..I want to e-mail her back but I am afraid of what I might say to her. I have a lot of angry toward her. I don't hate HER, I just hate the way she hurt my family and me, if that makes any sense. I am also upset she didn't have the heart to tell me she was sorry for the pain she has caused me. Since the loss of my daughter I have found myself liking my home more and more everyday. This way I don't have to go uptown and face people asking me how the baby is doing, or that they are sorry to hear about my loss. It has been 6 weeks that we lost her and people STILL are coming up to me.. I find my comfort in junk food which is not a good thing, I am over weight as it is and I don't need extra weight added. I also recieved a coldsore from the stress I have gone thru in the last month and a half...Had not had one in more than 10 years, which makes me mad...( I hate them) :eek: . I miss my baby to death..Every night I pray to God and ask him why!!! I blame myself for the mother's decision to take her baby back. I e-mailed her pictures and updates twice b4 the waiting period was over (thru a 7 week wait) I shouldn't have done that, but she asked and I wanted her to know I wanted her to be a part of her (my) baby's life. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Is this pain going to go away soon?? I sleep and breathe the loss of her, she is all I think about. Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent. I have a lot more to say, just don't feel like typing anymore tonight..emotionally tired.
MailLady...
It is hard to love and lose a child.
I am sorry you are hurt by this experience. I am sorry that the bm did not apologize.
It is okay to have all these feelings and much more. Just know that we are here and will listen.
MailLady
I don't know how I missed your post. I can truly feel your pain jump off of the page. It really is hard to face everyone when thinks don't work out...I felt the same way about miscarriage and failed matches...dealing with others was almost the hardest part.
I am SO sorry for your pain. I hope you begin to heal. You can't blame yourself for this, you were not to blame.
Hi there. Sorry for your loss. I'm sure the pain is just the same as losing your own baby at birth.
I am new here and was hoping you could help.
My husband and I are from rural Sask. and are thinking about adopting from Canada or the U.S., but aren't sure where to begin. What are the costs involved, and what is the average waiting period?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements
hey there, I live close to Melfort and have been on the adoption list for about 6-8 yrs now. My husband and I briefly looked into adoption overseas, but the cost was just too much I do believe it is somewhere around $15 000 - $20 000. It all depends on where you want to adopt. Try Childrens Bridge, I am not sure the link but if u google it, it will take you right there.
Update on my life!!!
After the loss of my daughter I had to really think about my life. (still no update from her) 2007 REALLY sucks and I need to make it better. More has happened since my last post but I have made it thru it all. I went to the doc. just on Thurs. I asked her for a drug called metformin. That will help me with my insulin levels. I also asked for 3 cycles of a drug to help me have a period, (more info than u needed?? sorry)and on the 3rd cycle of that, I am going to try clomid 100 mg. I am hoping that the metformin will bring down my insulin levels enough that I will concieve on the clomid. I have heard that the 2 of these drugs mixed together work really well. ( for anyone who has been diagnosed with PCOS, this should sound familiar) I have been on a diet for a couple of weeks now and biking regularly so I am HOPING that this all works out. I just need to stick with it. :clap:
Good Luck!!! I hope this works for you.
I got pg on met and clomid but miscarried - it DOES work.
wishing you the best!!
MailLady
hey there, I live close to Melfort and have been on the adoption list for about 6-8 yrs now. My husband and I briefly looked into adoption overseas, but the cost was just too much I do believe it is somewhere around $15 000 - $20 000. It all depends on where you want to adopt. Try Childrens Bridge, I am not sure the link but if u google it, it will take you right there.
Update on my life!!!
After the loss of my daughter I had to really think about my life. (still no update from her) 2007 REALLY sucks and I need to make it better. More has happened since my last post but I have made it thru it all. I went to the doc. just on Thurs. I asked her for a drug called metformin. That will help me with my insulin levels. I also asked for 3 cycles of a drug to help me have a period, (more info than u needed?? sorry)and on the 3rd cycle of that, I am going to try clomid 100 mg. I am hoping that the metformin will bring down my insulin levels enough that I will concieve on the clomid. I have heard that the 2 of these drugs mixed together work really well. ( for anyone who has been diagnosed with PCOS, this should sound familiar) I have been on a diet for a couple of weeks now and biking regularly so I am HOPING that this all works out. I just need to stick with it. :clap:
Hoping that it works out for you!!!!!
MailLady
My DH is from Melfort :) His family is there and in Regina so we go back ALL the time. Beautiful part of SK.
I have PCOS too. I did try Metformin and Clomid, together and seperately and neither worked for me. If you need support for your PCOS and TTC, there is a great website that I will PM you.
After moving on to an RE, we did conceive using injectibles ( Repronex). We are the proud parents of ds (6) and dd's (twins-23 months).
We have also been approved through Alberta Children's Services to adopt a child ages birth - 36 months with low special needs.
If you want to chat or need any more info, just PM me.
Cheers,
Theresa
Advertisements
We are also from rural Saskatchewan in the Melfort Area too. I am very sorry to hear of your bad experience, that is awful and personally is my biggest fear of adopting domestically. Hang in there !
We adopted a wonderful little girl from China July 2007 and are looking for #2. We have now decided to adopt domestically this time. There is not a lot of good options out there right now in adopting internationally, I've been reasearching it to death. I would love to go to China again but the wait is ridiculous and is increasing every day. Our homestudy is almost complete and we are completing PRIDE training next month. I guess we will give this a try and see what happens. We can always change back to IA if better options come up.
Hey there!!!
I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend ( sorta)!! We're going to saskatoon for a wedding then to P.A. and Christopher Lake to see family. Small world :)
Anyhoo - wanted to wish you luck and welcome you to the forums!!
I know this is a very old thread, but Maillady, what did you end up doing? Staying on the list or finding a different path?
I only ask because there seems to be so few adoptive stories from Saskatchewan :(
Wow, I totally forgot about this thread... Hello Melly.... I actually went into a depression after we lost our adoptive daughter. (We lost her in Jan. of '07) and I got out of my depression in, I do believe May of that yr. I told myself that I couldn't rely on ANYONE to give me their baby so I had to have a baby myself...so I lost 55lbs, enough to get my disease someone under control. (I have polycystic ovarian disease..) and I started to ovualate. I got pregnant in 2008 and in Jan. of '09 I gave birth to my daughter Bridjette. She was due 2 yrs to the day that I lost our adoptive daughter, but she came late... She just turned 4 on Jan. 19th. I then was able to concieve again and had another daughter who was born on Oct. 5th 2010. Her name is Pepper. I actually got my tubes tied just in Dec. what an unbelievable journy I have been on in such a short time... and slightly bitter sweet getting my tubes done seeing the problems I had concieving in the 1st place. How are you doing?? you are welcome to e-mail me if you would like. I don't mind at ALL supporting you,or give u ANY info that might help you (sry for the late dely, I just checked my e-mail, it's been a few days)
Advertisements
Aww! I'm so glad everything worked out for you!
We're just getting started, and it already seems like it's taking forever. Patience is a virtue I don't have :)
Hi all! I know this thread is old but since it's for Saskatchewan I thought I'd pipe up here!
My husband and I just started the adoption process back in February and are now on the first waiting list to be released to do an MFA and our PRIDE training. Is anyone out there who is past this list and can tell me about how long they had to wait?? We're hoping to adopt twins (sibling group) under 3 years old if that info helps.
Thanks!