Advertisements
Advertisements
We are just starting the process of adopting an 9 month old boy. We live on the second floor of an apartment and our apartment is 2 floors so our 2 bedrooms end up being on the 3rd floor. There is only one exit from that floor which the stairs go down into our kitchen. But, we have a room off our kitchen and that room have another exit that goes to our living room and our living room has another exit that goes into our kitchen. I know this is confusing but what I am trying to ask it that we don't have to walk into that room to get to any other part of our apartment except to the bathroom, so I was wondering if we put doors on this room could we use it as a bedroom. It is the perfect size and my husband and I are the only ones who live here. I would ask the social worker but he doesn't do the homestudy. The SW paper work is all done and now he is passing it on the the adoption workers. Does it always take this long...:grr:
PLEASE HELP
:thanks:
I dont think that should be a problem. As long as you have a room for the baby, I think that you will pass. I know people with 5 , 6 foster kids and a baby in the parents bedroom.
Advertisements
What I was told when I was starting is that a child will need to have a room in which it is not necessary to go through that room to get to any other bedroom, or any other bedroom to get to that one. They said with an infant the child could be in my room or an adjoining one, but that I would just need a plan for what was going to happen when the child got older.