Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'm in a state of shock because after 5 long years, my husband told me yesterday that he wants to adopt. As I have researched this process over the past 5 years, in my mind, I have always been solid in wanting to foster/adopt. I have many reasons...wanting to give back to children who are in need, but also being realistic about what our family can do. I want to adopt an infant, and we are already a family of five, my husband is a pastor, and we don't earn a lot of money. I posted a similar post on another forum just for adoptive parents. But I am wondering if there are any of you out there who have done things both ways - both a domestic adoption and foster/adoption? My husband told me yesterday he doesn't want to get into a situation where kids will be placed in our home and removed. He wants to do straight adoption of a healthy baby. In my mind, that says foster/adoption is completely not an option anymore, but I am also thinking, no birth family would ever choose us and I'm not sure we can afford a domestic infant adoption. Any advice is appreciated. Kathy