Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
My name is Lorrie Shaw and I am searching for my brother James Harold Stevens, he was born at St. Mary's in Troy, New York on Feb. 19, 1965 and adopted out by Social Services of Syracuse and or Schenectady, New York. This adoption took place at the end of 1968 so my brother was almost 4 years old. My mother tells me that he was also baptized due to his health, he had Congenital Heart Disease, and had to have surgery every year until he was 6 or 7 years old. She knows also that a registered nurse and her husband took him in, she was taken to the nurses home that had a room that was set up to care for my brother, heart monitors and etc.. She says the home was in Syracuse and in a very upscale neighborhood. I have searched the death indexes just in case and nothing comes up with that date of birth or the name. I do know, that his last name may have changed, but it seems unlikely that they changed his first name because of how old he was. That would have been too confusing. Also the nurse who took him in, worked at St. Mary's and she was in her 50's.
I am his oldest sister, my name at birth was Lorrene Ann Stevens now I am Lorrene Ann Stevens Shaw, my family background started in Stephentown, New York, and from what my mother has told me, that is how all of this got started. My brother was turning blue, they lived in West Stephentown, took him to St. Mary's and Social Services was called from there, they had assumed (wrongly) that my mother had abused my brother, they later found out about his heart problem and talked her into giving him up for someone to be able to take care of him like he needed to. She had no problem with this, she wanted him to have the best health care there was at the time. My father ( who has passed away for over 20 years now) was the abuser in our family, never my mother. Okay, anyway, what I am writing you for is some help in locating him and or his records, as his birth mother, my mom should have been informed if he had passed, that is the law, That much I do know. As his sister, I am doing the search for him because my mother knows nothing of computers and or how to even get started finding him. She is 63 years old now and not in the greatest health, I want to give her son back, the son she has never stopped talking about or loving. Please if there is anything that you can help me with, I would be up most grateful to you. I have registers with the NY Adoption Registry as a sibling and now I am haunting all the adoption web sites that are there in New York. So, far nothing, not even a hint.
Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and please help me find my brother,
God Bless,
Lorrie Stevens Shaw
ISO James Harold Stevens 2-19-65
Troy, New York