Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is John, Im an adult adoptee and reside in the Providence area of RI. I have been a part of various online adoptee support groups that consist of adoptees from all over the country. We discuss a wide range of topics consisting of, searching; the impact adoption has on our lives; different issues as a result of adoption such as control, abandonment, pushing ppl away, anger, frustration, feelings of not being understood, not fitting in..etc..
I do enjoy these groups and meeting adoptees very much, but I'm hoping to locate a support group here in RI consisting of only adoptees, which I dont believe there is. If there isn't Im willing to start one if there are enough adoptees interested in the same.
About me: I work in a top law firm in Boston doing paralegal work for the past year and a half. Prior to that I worked in some of RI best known restaurants as a professional waiter/ server such as Mills Tavern, Raphaels, Hemenways, Meritage, Napa Valley Grill (in the mall) and even started at Gregg's back in the day. My first bussing job was at the landmark Cowessett Inn. I have a BS in Criminal Justice and plan on Grad school in the near future. You can reach me here, or by my personal email address if you'd like a quicker response at beene11@msn.com I have also dedicated my website to adoptees if you care to check that out too: [url=http://www.myspace.com/keltxo]www.myspace.com/keltxo[/url]
I hope to hear from you.
John
I realize I posted this in February of 2007 and it is now August, but this offer/claim still stands. Id be delighted to meet other RI Adoptees, albeit you're in search, I may be able to assist in search, help you understand RI laws, and/or point out some options. For instance did you know that every RI Adoptee (an adoptee that was adopted here in RI) is entitled to "Non-ID Information"? What is Non-ID Information? Its basically any biological history about the individual adoptee's biological mother and/or father without revealing their identity. Im even going to take a step forward to hopefully pop the lid off our original files that have been sealed and kept secret from who they belong, us, the adoptee. Or perhaps you have issues with the adoption its self, I can assit with that too.
~John G
Advertisements