Advertisements
Advertisements
Wow, I get to be the first one to post on the new 1989 forum! I was born on Mother's Day, May 14, 1989. I was born at St. Anthony's Hospital in Crown Point. My parent's were told that my bmother was 19 yrs. old when I was born. The placement was handled through an agency that closed shortly after I was born and the adoption was finalized as a private adoption. I would be interested in finding either one of my birthparents or siblings.
I would appreciate hearing from anyone with any info about them.
This is being posted from my adoptive mother's account. She's helping me with my search.
This is Mike's mom talking. It's Mike's 18th birthday today. I was really hoping there might be a response today. The year he was born, May 14th was Mother's Day. I know (being a birthmother myself) that Mother's Day must be extra tough for her. I hope to tell her one day that I pray for her often and hold her in my thoughts every Mother's Day. Mike is a very special kid and is loved very much. :love:
Advertisements
Another year has passed and no response. I was hoping someone would reply to this thread. Mike is 19 today. We haven't really done any 'serious' searching since Mike is still rather young. So we'll just keep this post out there and hope that in time his mother sees this.
Alright, time to bump this to the top again. Another birthday has rolled around for Mike - he's 20 this year. No longer a teenager! I'm just putting this out there in case his mother is looking. Mike's still young, so we're not actively searching - just keeping this out there in case someone's looking.
Happy Birthday, Michael. :loveyou:
Hmmm......somehow i forgot to bump this on Mike's birthday. He's now 21! Hard to believe my little boy is that old.
Hoping his mother will find this. We have no other leads, as the agency his adoption started with is closed. I guess if no one sees this in time, he'll have to consider having his records opened through the courts. But I guess there's still time - he still has lots of growing up to do.
Things were really hectic the past couple of months and I forgot to post on Mike's b-day again. But we're still out here. Mike is 22 this year and just became a father himself. Hope his birthmom will see this in time.
Advertisements
We celebrated Mike's 23rd birthday this past Monday. His son just celebrated his 1st birthday the week before. Time is flying by and we'd like to hear from his bmom if she's out there somewhere!
I've been keeping both of my kid's threads updated. But if they open their records it will be their decision.
Wow, time flies! Mike is now 25 1/2 yrs. old and the last few years have been rocky. But hopefully things are straightened out now and Mike just got married! So hopefully in the next few years, his birthmother will find this and contact him. I will check this periodically to see if she replies. He's also listed on the Reunion Registry on this site.
Mike is now 26. He's had a hard time in his 20's, but seems to be getting things straightened out. He would like to meet his birth family. His older adoptive sister just found her birth family and so he's anxious to find his too. Hope someone sees this soon. Mike is a great kid.
Has Mike tried the state of Indiana? They have a medical registry that was law before he was adopted, he should request that. He should also try both of these noted on the page that speaks to the medical registry (link attached).
Quote below is from the link...
"For Adoptions Finalized prior to January 1, 1994
Identifying Information
The law requires that the Indiana State Registrar, the Family Social Services Administration (FSSA), county divisions of family and children, child placement agencies, health care providers, and courts release identifying information if both the adult adoptee (age 21 and over) and a birth parent (if named on the original birth record) file a written consent form with the office of the State Registrar. An authorization letter will then be sent to the listed agencies permitting the disclosure of identifying information from their files. If both birth parents named on the original birth certificate are deceased, then only the adoptee's permission for the release is required. If the adoptee is deceased, then only the birth parent's (if named on the birth certificate) consent is required. Proof of their death is required, however. The Indiana State Registrar will conduct a search of death certificates to help determine if the adoptee or birth parents died in Indiana.
Download State Form 47896 - Identifying Information Consent Form
Non-Identifying Information
Indiana adoption law permits he Indiana State Registrar, the FSSA, the county divisions of family and children, child placement agencies, health care providers, adoption attorneys, and courts to release non-identifying information. An adult adoptee, a birth parent, an adoptive parent, a pre-adoptive sibling, or the spouse or relative of a deceased birth parent or adoptee may request non-identifying information by sending a written request to any of the above listed parties. A photocopy of signature identification must accompany this request.
Download State Form 47897 - Non-identifying Information Consent Form"
Kind regards,
Dickons
Attachments
Advertisements
Thanks, Dickens, yes he's sent for info from the state. He got nothing useful back. Just that his mother was not registered, but they'd keep his info in case they hear from her. I think after the first of the year we're going to use a CI and have his records opened.