Advertisements
Advertisements
I finished my son's second scrapbook, however, I never began the first one. I knew I wanted it to start with the beginning of the adoption process and end with his coming home...I just couldn't find the right materials or idea to create what I would consider his most important book. Then today I went to JoAnn Fabrics and found this amazing stack (tablet) called "Once Upon a Time". It contains 48 different glitter prints (double prints) and they are just beautiful. I think with some creativity and a little imagination I can turn his first scrapbook into a fairy tale.
If you are interested in this stack it is at Joann Fabrics. Below are some pictures: The Burgandy page is hard to read...at the top it says "There lived a handsome prince".
Advertisements
Cool. I saw those in a magazine and I've been wondering who carries them.
Thanks for the info.
Kristina
Advertisements
dance_muffin
Hi Cindy,
Michael's Craft Store also carries it. Also the matching stickers.
Thanks for the info!! I will be off to Michael's tomorrow in search of the matching stickers.
Well that is just precious. I think it would make a precious book for the babies!
Thanks!!:thanks:
You can also find this paper in 12x12, 8x8 and 4x6 with the stickers - cardboard like stickers at Archivers. I got them all there.
scandi
ok - so my friend owns this company that makes these papers - diew cuts with a view. as a baby gift she gave me a whole basket of scrapbook supplies. just today as i was cleaning up i put this paper away. i flipped through this and thought, "this would make a cute lifebook. not only is there paper and stickers, but a matching scrapbook, glitter letters, tags - tons of stuff. the only thing i wondered is if it is a good idea to write a lifebook in the form of *once upon a time*. dealing with kids fron the foster care system i am always trying to teach that this is reality. what do you think? Diane, what do you think?
Advertisements
ok - I should have guessed this was Die Cuts with a View! Cause I have Run to their booth at many scrapbook conventions! And you are friends with the owner?!?!?!?!? I have meet and dined with Lisa Bearnson, and several of the other names -but that is someone I would love to meet!
And you have your hand on the the pulse of the scrapbook industry their let her know that the adoption and fostered children are sadly underserved by the scrapbook companies.
I don't have a problem with Once Upon a time being used - every child is a gift - not all the the parts of fairytales are pretty either, but the child being brought into the world is a gift.
I wouldn't necessarily make the pages with the really tough info all glittery, but for my girls pages I did let them choose their papers.
Another option is to use this paper for the meeting of the adoptive family and from where that story starts.
I went to my Joanne Fabrics store today looking for their new glitter pages and found and they and the Once Upon a Time are already sold out. I'm on their mailing list and it shows both of them for sale for 40 or 50% off until May 5th, I think. It's a great bargain if they are in stock!!!!
I did some looking around at this online- and it comes in 8X8 and 12X12 with ribbons, albums and more soooo many choices!
the only thing i wondered is if it is a good idea to write a lifebook in the form of *once upon a time*. dealing with kids fron the foster care system i am always trying to teach that this is reality. what do you think?
This is a really good question! I orignally posted this in the Guatemalan forum, not knowing there was a scrapbook forum...oops:eek:. I guess maybe it would depend on the situation or how the child's story is depicted. Thank you for the input...your question really has me thinking about how I will work with this stack.
Advertisements
yes, her name is nancy hill. she used to be my neighbor and then she moved on to a bigger and better house. did you know - dcwv recently merged with ellison. i think they will even be better. for my bday she let me come to the warehouse and have a pick and choose session! a great friend to have!
Thank you for sharing what you found! I want to start a scrapbook, but wasn't sure where to start, this not only helps me as to "where" but also as to "how". The pages look beautiful! I can't wait to start!