Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I have formally made the decision to adopt. We are hoping for a domestic adoption. We have been in touch with Lutheran Social Services - in particular, about their Minority adoption program. Anyone have any experience with LSS? Or any other advice about domestic adoption? We are just getting started, and could use all the advice we can get! BTW - we live in West Allis.
Advertisements
I've heard that with LSS, you might have a long wait. Better to use a private agency. I'm in Madison, I used Adoption Advocates. You could ask LSS if they still use the "lottery" system, where only some families get picked to adopt available children. If that's the case, you might have a long wait with that agency. Good luck in your pursuits! BTW... we're adopting through state of WI, see [url=http://www.wiadopt.org]Adoption Resources of Wisconsin[/url] for sample of kids. Our 2 girls were on the website a while. Some of the kids available through special needs WI are toddlers, and in Milwaukee area there are more infants. And of course lots of older kids. You have to be patient though, the process from start to placement may take around a year or so, although it is nearly free. See the website for informational meetings. Another option is international.... Korea was easy & fast (7 yrs ago. Brazil was difficult.) Julie
I'm sorry, I just read the email that said don't post anything regarding agencies. Don't just go by what I've heard, but ask each agency exactly what the waiting time is, the cost, and the process for whatever type of adoption you'd like to pursue.