Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
I recently flew to Mexico with a 4 FL OZ pump spray bottle of Clorox Anywhere sanitizing spray in my checked bag. No problema.
I wrapped our can of Lysol in plastic and then packed it in one of the pockets on our suitcase. It worked. No problems -- and I was so thankful to have it along. I sprayed down our room and the baby lounge. I didn't want our little one to get sick.
Advertisements
I wanted to bring a bottle of lysol but was not sure if it would start a fire in the plane, don't those bottles explode upon rapid altitude change????
So instead I bought a bag of clorox wipes and took them with me in my checked in suitcase. When we got to the hotel I wiped everything down with the wipes!!
Anna
Carla, I had a can of Lysol in my checked bags when we visited. I put it in a ziploc and it was fine.
PS, I sprayed everything and Logan STILL got the rotavirus.:sick:
You should call the airline you'll be traveling and ask if in doubt. I looked on the [url=http://www.tsa.gov]TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security[/url] site and it says only aerosols allowed must be in a pint or quart size ziploc and only allowed 3 oz or less. I think Lysol is much bigger than that. ALSO, only aerosol products allowed are those for personal care. Not sure if Lysol qualifies for that. Also unsure if they always enforce this rule, but says on TSA site that if you bring a prohibited item through security even by accident, it is illegal. Best to know before it happens :)
Here's partial list of prohibited items from TSA site--the "NOs" refer to carry on and checked:
Flammable Items Carry-on Checked
Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities) No No
Fuels (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel) No No
Gasoline No No
Gas Torches No No
Lighter Fluid No No
Lighters - All lighters are prohibited as carry-on items. Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to DOT exemptions, which allow up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please refrain from bringing it to the airport. No No
Strike-anywhere Matches - Up to 4 books of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage. No No
Flammable Paints (See Other Items below for non-flammable paints) No No
Turpentine and Paint Thinner No No
Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries No No
NOTE: There are other hazardous materials that are regulated by the FAA. This information is summarized at [url=http://www.faa.gov]FAA - Home[/url], click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly.
Disabling Chemicals & Other Dangerous Items Carry-on Checked
Chlorine for Pools and Spas No No
Compressed Gas Cylinders - including fire extinguishers No No
Liquid Bleach No No
Spillable Batteries - except those in wheelchairs No No
Spray Paint No No
Tear Gas No No
NOTE: There are other hazardous materials that are regulated by the FAA. This information is summarized at [url=http://www.tsa.gov]TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security[/url]
You might find this interesting as well:
The top cancer-causing products in the average home include the following [Source: The National Cancer Prevention Coalition]:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder w/Talc
Օ Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste
VO5 Hair Conditioner
Օ Clairol Nice-n-Easy Hair Color
Ajax Cleanser
Օ Lysol Disinfectant
[url=http://www.goldenacresdogs.com/Toxins.htm]The Dangers of Toxins[/url]
I would be hesitant to pack it. I work in the airfreight industry and any type of aerosol is considered a "Dangerous Good" and requires special paperwork. Of course 1 can is probably not enough to cause a problem but I would probably not pack it.
JMHO
Susan
Advertisements
i understand it is actually a danger, as it can explode. even if you could sneak it on, i would trust there is a reason they are banned...
I was just on a flight and had a small, travel can of static guard in my checked luggage. When I got to my destination, it was gone!!
I always take the disinfectant wipes with me. I feel they work just as well... Those you will NOT have a problem with..
I called TSA in January to ask whether we could take Lysol in our *checked* luggage. The nice lady on the phone said it was fine.
I'm happy that someone posted what was on the TSA web site. I wonder if I was misinformed, or if something has changed.
We'll bring the wipes on our pick up trip.
Advertisements