Advertisements
Advertisements
I know this seems like such a simple question....but I am just curious to know how many years apart are your children. Do you like them close in age or further apart in age and why?
Our bio son turned 11 in February, adopted daughter turnned 11 this July and adopted son will turn 8 in September. Having the two so close is a two edged sword. They are either getting along really well, or not at all. The little guy plays fairly well with either of them when he is having a good day, nobody when he is having a bad day. We are hoping to adopt one more, and currently have our home study submitted on a little girl that will turn 4 in September. Since dd tends to be highly competitive, and feels threatened by girls close to her age we feel it is best to have a much younger sister.
So, I guess for me, I think same sex too close in age can be hard, because they compete, but I do like my kids to be fairly close. If we get this little girl the spread will be 7 1/2 years from oldest to youngest. More than that, and they are like separate families.
Advertisements
We have a 14 year span between our three children. Our oldest son, bio will be 17 on Sunday, middle son, bio will be 13 in August and our daughter, adopted turned three in May. I wouldn't change a thing about the age difference in our three because they have all had a chance to be spoiled and to be the baby. For us this is perfect!
Our bio daugher is 11yo and our soon to be adopted son is 4yo. I like the age differace. I think our daugher would have a hard time with a child closer to her age. We would love to adopt another child a couple years younger than our son.
My children are 3 years and 3 weeks apart. It works well for us. I am hoping to have another one soon...but we have to get busy with paperwork if that's going to work for us!
My 2 are about 2 years apart. Right now, it is not so easy having a newborn and a terrible 2 year old, but I am hoping in the future it will be nice having them close in age. We already bought bunk beds so they can share a room!! Yeah! I will have a space for a GIRL!!!
Advertisements
dragonfly1234
I know this seems like such a simple question....but I am just curious to know how many years apart are your children. Do you like them close in age or further apart in age and why?
I wanted children close in age-and Maire-Kate wanted a little sister from the time she was three. But it wasn't until 2005, where I really felt ready to start again. And it was an enormous pull to adopt again. I didn't know at the time but Hanna had already been born when I got the overwhelming urge to adopt the second time. So she was waiting for me!!
Maire-Kate is now 8 and Hanna is two. I just now got the urge again to adopt. It's a kind of an emotional pull that I need to do this. And just like the last time, homestudies and paperwork all fell into place really quickly. I guess child #3 is waiting somewhere.
This time, I requested a child (girl) who is either 4 or 5-but will go as young as 2 or as old as 6 (depending on the circumstances). I really feel like we need someone in the middle between Hanna & Maire-Kate. Like Mrsred's daughter, Maire-Kate becomes really competitive with girls the same age. She's fine with friends & overnight stays but if my niece who is close in age stays for more than one night-Maire-Kate gets overwhelmed. She's wonderful with her 2 year old sister, though. And great with my nephews who are 6 and younger. She could play with them for ages and never feel threatened by them.
My children are 27 months apart. We are enjoying this age difference right now and look forward to how Bug and Roo will grow up together. When we first started trying for our family, we had hoped for 3 kids in 5 years. You never know what might happen...
It goes like this:
M and Z are 14 months a part.
Z and L are 2 years a part
L and Ry are 2 1/2 years a part
The we have R who is 8 years younger than Ry
and T is 3 1/2 years younger than R.
Basically we have a 19 year old in the house down to a 2year old. (19, 18, 15, 13, 5, and 2)
I love it...every age....every space...wouldn't change a thing.
Chelsea is 19.
Cody is 17...23 months apart
Cylie is 7...10 years & 6 weeks apart
Cirramani is 5...26 months apart
Caleb will be 4 in September...14 months apart.
I liked the 2 year space. Didn't plan the 10 year space! LOL Caleb came MUCH quicker than we thought!
Deb
Advertisements