Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone!
I have a son who is in his first year in high school. He has been doing very well in his elementary years. I didn't want him to lose his enthusiasm towards school and so after school I'm sending him to another school where he's being tutored in all of his subjects.
I noticed that at weekends my son didn't want to go out with his friends. He told me that he's super tired. This worries me a lot. Am I making my son super stressed? I want a well-rounded kid not a geek son.
Please help me how to ease out my son's burden without sacrificing his education.
Most of the parents think that their children should be an all rounder. But we should not make them feel stressed. He should have fun, entertainment, taking part in sports. So make them feel at ease to go to school.:thanks:
=================================
maddy
[url="http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/california"]California Alcohol Addiction Treatment[/url]
Advertisements
As the parent of a tween who is at the top of her class and school, I let her decide what to do with her after school time. She is in 8 classes during the day, so more school after that is just crazy. She needs the time to absorb what she has learned during the day and needs/wants to participate in other activities. I'm a big proponent of just letting kids be kids and have their down time.
Another way of thinking about it is to imagine if you could work a job all day at that age and then go to another job. The brain needs time to rest besides sleeping. We all need outside activities to allow us to develop into a whole person.
Are there any other after school things he might be interested in participating in? Even things like theatre, chess club or sports help in ways you might not think.
I would suggest tutoring in any subject that he might need that extra help.