Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a case manager for foster kids and love to read these boards. I honestly think foster parents are angels put on this earth. Anyways I was looking to see if anyone has heard any good quotes about fostering or foster parents. We are doing a few projects at work that could really use some and when I was searching online I did not come up with much. Any help would be appreciated...
God does not call the equipped. Rather, He equips the called.
When hearing the comment "Boy you have your hands full" I always answer "No, just very blessed".
Advertisements
I like the response to "Why do you foster?" to be "I guess my heart is just bigger than my brain."
:love: bumping. anyone else want to add ? this one made me cry.
FOREVER IN MY HEART
Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.
I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.
They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!
No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.
I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!
~~~ Author Unknown~~~
:love:
Advertisements
ECDGA
I like the response to "Why do you foster?" to be "I guess my heart is just bigger than my brain."
That is great!
"Fostering is the hardest job you'll ever love."
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." -Forest E. Witcraft
Advertisements
I like this one
"Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation."
C. Everett Koop
If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.
- Winnie the Pooh
I like the quote in my signature.
""And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." ~ Matthew 18:5"
I like, "Yes, I have my hands full--but I have my heart even fuller."
I got this one on this forum and liked it so much I emailed it to myself: "There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child - and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own." ~Robert Brault
My most-used quote in conversation about fostering is in reaction to the "I couldn't give them back" objection: "Even our own children are only ours for a little while."
"I like being a mama so much, I turned pro."
"Foster Parenting is EXTREME Parenting!"
Advertisements