Advertisements
Advertisements
hi as my info says born 1-2-89 in houston tx. looking for my birth mother and half sister. if you think you have information shoot me an email. thanks.
let me add a little more. i was told i was adopted through an agency called "Prince of Peace" and my birth mother name is Jennifer. I dont know anything about who my half sister may be but i was told she exists. I have a little more information about my birth mother that i can use for verification if anyone knows anything but not so much as to find her online. I was really hoping searching through the internet would be a faster (and most certainly cheaper) way of finding my family. If anyone can help or has any information to help my search along let me know please.
Praying for a miracle here
Advertisements
I don't know what, if anything, you've already tried, so I'll throw a few things out there to see what might be helpful.
First of all, see if you can get in touch with the Prince of Peace adoption agency... or find out who hosts their files if they've closed since 1989. Contact them and request any information they can share. It's usually "non-identifying info" only, but it can help you as you search, and can help you confirm you've found the right people in the end. On a quick Google search for "Prince of Peace Adoption Services," I do not see a website for them, but they do appear to still exist, as there's address and phone number info listed on various sites. If you're local, you can even go old-school and check the phone book for a recent number. :)
Next, sign up for the Texas Adoption Registry. The information can be found here: [url=http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/reqproc/adoptionregistry.shtm]Texas Vital Statistics – Central Adoption Registry[/url] Basically, you submit your information. If your birth family has also submitted info, they will go through the files to make the match, and give you the information you request. It does require that both adoptee and birth family sign up, but it's worth a try. You may also be able to petition the state to open your adoption record. I do not know the requirements for doing that in Texas, but you can look into how to go about making the request by contacting the clerk for your local courthouse - hopefully they can answer you about the requirements.
The biggest reunion registry out there is the International Soundex Reunion Registry, and it can be found at [url=http://www.isrr.org]International Soundex Reunion Registry - ISRR[/url] - again, it's a mutual consent registry that requires both sides to sign up for a match to be made, but it's the biggest, best-known one. Worth a try.
You might be able to find a free search angel who's done some searching specifically in Texas who might be able to give you more ideas and perhaps find out some answers for you. There's a search angel forum somewhere on these boards... and there are others out there for the finding as well.
It's always worth trying on your own to get the answers and complete your own search, as search companies charge a lot of money and most make no guarantees. So absolutely, try on your own. But do consider using one, if necessary, as a last-ditch effort. Better to fork over the cash than to not know... right?
I wish you good luck...
Well i'm currently awaiting the agency for any information they may have. I have an update on information for anyone that may know my birth mothers maiden name is Jennifer Douglas and should be about 43 years old now. If anyone knows anything let me know.
hi as my info says born 1-2-89 in houston tx. looking for my birth mother and half sister. if you think you have information shoot me an email. thanks.
Hello I am a female 31 years old graduated grew up in Houston my whole life and graduated class of 07. I wanted you to know that I was adopted through prince of peace adoption agency as well in Houston Texas in 1988 my birthday is in late November of 88. It was a closed adoption and I am trying to get my records as well. Since you and I are not very far apart in the adoption process, I wanted you to know that i spoke with a lady who said the records are kept in two different locations. She said to call her next week and she will go down and see if she can find my file there. I will give you the number in a personal message. I’m also not sure if you found any information since you have posted this either. Hope your search is going well!
Advertisements