Advertisements
Advertisements
This is open to anyone who has a boy that is not circumsized, as my son was circumsized.
My 2 yr old fs is not circumsized, how do you keep it clean without getting to graphic. You would think my husband who is not circumsized would know, but he says he doesn't know in boys that young (figures!)
Any advise would help. Thanks.
1 Liked
 likes this.
As one of the few people that post on this forum who acutually has a penis, I am shocked and horrified about the cavalier attitude you women are using about cutting off the end of a little boys penis. In several countries in the world, they circumsise women by cutting off the hood to the clitoris. Wouldn't you all be horrified if I suggested doing that to you!
There are very few medical reasons for having it done. Yes maybe there is less penil cancer if you have it done. There is also less breast cancer if we were to cut off the breasts of ever women. Do you want to be the first in that line?
My two now adopted boys are uncircumsised, I am circumsised. I couldn't imagine circumsisng them at 3 and 8 for the sake of fashion. Let's call it what it is A FASHION STATEMENT. If you as an adult want to make a fashion statement by peircing your ears or tatooing you body that is fine, but don't go doing it to your defensless children.
Advertisements
thanks for the male perspective, straightblues, and i for one heartily concur. i know the pro/con debate isn't what the op asked for, and, i'm glad to see more men getting involved in the circ discussion.
Though I sincerely appreciate the fact that a man came here to speak his opinion, I have to say, that I was very shocked for you to consider circumcision as a fashion statement only in the eyes of females.
The penis allows a male to urinate and reproduce...that's it.
IMO, there's WAY too much focus on the penis in today's society.
It's either cut or uncut...it does the same thing for all men in either state.
All I can speak of is my personal experience. The men I've known who aren't cut wish they would've been...the men who are cut are glad they are.
Why? I don't know...and I don't care to ask.
I guess what I'm trying to say that is if you had something on your body that could turn cancerous that was, in today's world, useless on your body (the foreskin was needed for protection...we have clothes now), wouldn't you want to eliminate this chance?
We women aren't that lucky. We need our breasts for the lives of our babies...so it's just a moot comparison IMO.
straightblues
As one of the few people that post on this forum who acutually has a penis, I am shocked and horrified about the cavalier attitude you women are using about cutting off the end of a little boys penis. In several countries in the world, they circumsise women by cutting off the hood to the clitoris. Wouldn't you all be horrified if I suggested doing that to you!
There are very few medical reasons for having it done. Yes maybe there is less penil cancer if you have it done. There is also less breast cancer if we were to cut off the breasts of ever women. Do you want to be the first in that line?
My two now adopted boys are uncircumsised, I am circumsised. I couldn't imagine circumsisng them at 3 and 8 for the sake of fashion. Let's call it what it is A FASHION STATEMENT. If you as an adult want to make a fashion statement by peircing your ears or tatooing you body that is fine, but don't go doing it to your defensless children.
akcskye
it does the same thing for all men in either state.
I guess what I'm trying to say that is if you had something on your body that could turn cancerous that was, in today's world, useless on your body (the foreskin was needed for protection...we have clothes now), wouldn't you want to eliminate this chance?.
Well...since it's been brought up, I'll tell you what MY husband always says - he thinks of it as mutilation of a perfectly healthy body part, and asks if we shouldnt' be removing tonsils and appendixes at birth on the same theory. I suppose I could extend that to fit your analogy by saying that I'm done nursing my children, so I don't NEED my breasts anymore, and since we all know they CAN become cancerous, perhaps I should just get them cut off? I'm not here to judge anyone else, but I must admit that I would NOT remove ANY part of my child's body for any reason other than medical necessity. And apparently if you search the internet, there is quite a large group of men out there who feel they've been mutilated and robbed by being circumcised against there will.
ps - having been with both, I also tend to agree that it DOES affect sexual functioning, in a way that puts the circumcised man at a disadvantage, but that is just my very limited anecdotal observation ;-)
This thread was to be about cleaning, if memory serves me right? The debate of whether or not to circumsize is a neverending one since it's a really personal choice for all involved. Please remember this and discuss respectfully.
Advertisements
My two boys are both uncircumsized. They know how to clean themselves and there is no problem. My 4 year old knows how to gently pull the skin back and wash with a little soap, then rinse. It is the way the penis was meant to be, learning how to wash it is not a big deal.
I think not having them circumsized was the one decent thing their parents did for them. Mutilating genitals is completely unnecessary as well as cruel and barbaric.
This is open to anyone who has a boy that is not circumsized, as my son was circumsized.
My 2 yr old fs is not circumsized, how do you keep it clean without getting to graphic. You would think my husband who is not circumsized would know, but he says he doesn't know in boys that young (figures!)
Any advise would help. Thanks.
As Crick stated, the OP was asking how to clean the uncircumsized penis, not whether or not the child should be circumsized. Please get back on track.
If you want a thread that respectfully discusses the pros and cons of circumcision please start a separate one. Just make sure that it is a respectful discussion - not a debate. Remember, everyone has their own opinion and their opinion is just that - theirs.
My lil guy is 8mths and is not circumsized. I asked the dr when he had a physical last week and he said there wasn't anything special I needed to do. Right now we just wash him w baby wash and that's it. We haven't had any problems (knock on wood) and we've had him for a little over 3 mths.
straightblues
As one of the few people that post on this forum who acutually has a penis....
You know, Straightblues, one of the things I love about you is your admirable directness! :-)
Advertisements
To all that posted here... I just wanted to know how to clean it.. though it has been very interesting to see everyone's view, even the males perspective. As I previously mentioned my dh is not circumsized and never even really cared or mentioned it bothering him. As a personal choice I would have it done when they were born, as I did with my bs. If I were to ever adopt I would look into it but would not wish to cause any additional unnecessary pain on my children considering all that they have already been through. My father was circumsized at 25, I don't know why but that was his choice. I would definately look into it but if not medically necessary, I probably would leave it as it is. The most important thing is that if they are circumsized or not circumsized that they are taught from very young on how to properly clean their penis'.
Thank you for all your responses.
I work in childcare with infants and 6 boys in one year had to have a second surgery because it wasn't done completely right. Two of the boys are my family, nephew and cousin. Both my sister and my cousin decided not to go for the second surgery. It's purely cosmetic and I don't know if that is worth it. All of the families who decided to go for the second surgery said their reasons were that they didn't want the child to be embarrassed later in life.. I guess it's a personal choice.
My son is UC and the doctor said when he was born just to pull back and wash, nothing about attached skin. The only possible medical reason for circumcision I heard from any medical professional (other than being too squeamish to teach your son to wash properly), was that when he is 80 years old in a nursing home, the workers may not clean him properly.
Kids get infections. It's a fact of life and isn't going to be non existant just because of circumcision. Also, I'd never heard of a boy getting a yeast infection. Are you certain that's what it was? They don't have the same bacteria there that girls do to create yeast. And if the urologist told me my son needed a circumcision I would definitely want a second opinion.
Jess
C and UC men can have yeast infections.
Speaking for adult males, obviously, they can get the yeast infection from their partner, and when she clears it up, he still has it, reinfects her, and on and on until both are treated for it.
One of my sisters went through that for 2 or 3 years in her marriage.
Scrapsathome
My son is UC and the doctor said when he was born just to pull back and wash, nothing about attached skin. The only possible medical reason for circumcision I heard from any medical professional (other than being too squeamish to teach your son to wash properly), was that when he is 80 years old in a nursing home, the workers may not clean him properly.
Kids get infections. It's a fact of life and isn't going to be non existant just because of circumcision. Also, I'd never heard of a boy getting a yeast infection. Are you certain that's what it was? They don't have the same bacteria there that girls do to create yeast. And if the urologist told me my son needed a circumcision I would definitely want a second opinion.
Jess
Advertisements
Some more food for thought, by Dr. John Rhinehart:
Many men who were circumcised as neonates consider it a nonissue because they cannot remember anything about it. In my psychotherapeutic work with men, however, it is clear that the memory is there. Since the event occurred at a very early preverbal level, it is most often experienced as a body or somatic memory rather than as a more familiar verbal memory. Various disturbing mental images and intense feelings often accompany the reemergence of this body memory, including the feel of sharp metallic instruments cutting into one's flesh (anesthesia is normally not used in circumcision), the sense of being overpowered by big people, being alone and helpless, feelings of terror, and a sense of paralysis and immobilization.
Taylor Swift is a well-known artist, and I like her voice. And I'm following you while also admiring her dress. I purchased this Taylor Swift Erin Andrews Chiefs Jacket solution, which is likewise composed of high-quality materials.