Advertisements
Advertisements
I spoke with a man named Tom Fellon (dont know if that is how last name) Tom Fellon works for catholic Charities in St. Louis, MO. He is in charge of post adoption. I talk to him and told him that i was looking for my (half)brother who was adopted. Without hesitation he asked me my brother's birthmoms day and his date of birth and said he would go get the file and call me back. AND GUESS WHAT!? He did. 20 minutes later i recieved a phone call from him. He asked me what my dads (the birthfathers) name is. I told him. He said ok i got the right file. It was a strange feeling, i have been searching for my brother for a long time now and i was speaking to a man that was sitting at his desk looking at his file. He had every piece of information that i wanted to know. I wanted the information in that file soooooooooo bad. However, as many of you know, i cant have it. :(
He did however confirm the date of birth, the birth mothers name, and gave me a piece of info that i didnt already know. THE ADOPTION MONTH AND YEAR. i am very happy to have one more piece to the puzzle.
He told me that adoptees have to initiate the search. not birthparents.So he is sending me a questionaire and waiver to fill out and get notarized and return. It will go in the adoption file so if my brother(the adoptee) contacts them, they can give him my fathers info.
Here is Tom Fellons number 314-792-7400
If you are searching for someone who was adpoted through catholic Charities in ST. LOUIS, MO contact him
If you are an adpotee searching and you were adopted through CATHOLIC CHARITIES IN ST. LOUIS, MO. contact him.
Good luck to all of you!
1 Liked
 likes this.
gavins_mom2003
I spoke with a man named Tom Fellon (dont know if that is how last name) Tom Fellon works for catholic Charities in St. Louis, MO. He is in charge of post adoption. I talk to him and told him that i was looking for my (half)brother who was adopted. Without hesitation he asked me my brother's birthmoms day and his date of birth and said he would go get the file and call me back. AND GUESS WHAT!? He did. 20 minutes later i recieved a phone call from him. He asked me what my dads (the birthfathers) name is. I told him. He said ok i got the right file. It was a strange feeling, i have been searching for my brother for a long time now and i was speaking to a man that was sitting at his desk looking at his file. He had every piece of information that i wanted to know. I wanted the information in that file soooooooooo bad. However, as many of you know, i cant have it. :(
He did however confirm the date of birth, the birth mothers name, and gave me a piece of info that i didnt already know. THE ADOPTION MONTH AND YEAR. i am very happy to have one more piece to the puzzle.
He told me that adoptees have to initiate the search. not birthparents.So he is sending me a questionaire and waiver to fill out and get notarized and return. It will go in the adoption file so if my brother(the adoptee) contacts them, they can give him my fathers info.
Here is Tom Fellons number 314-792-7400
If you are searching for someone who was adpoted through catholic Charities in ST. LOUIS, MO contact him
If you are an adpotee searching and you were adopted through CATHOLIC CHARITIES IN ST. LOUIS, MO. contact him.
Good luck to all of you!
hi my name is Barb and I'm searching for my bson 11/3/1969.I saw this site and called the #forTom Fellon and he wasn't on the list of names so I could leave a message.I'll try on monday.Good Luck with your search God bless
Advertisements
WOW!!! I am surprised. I was adopted through Catholic Charties St. Louis myself, and I called Tom too and he told me he couldn't help me. That I had to contact the county I was adopted in, and the county people are telling me that Tom has to give me the information. So what's your secret? I would love to know. I am looking for my parents and he said that he couldn't help me. Any help would be great!
1 Liked
 likes this.
If you don't know the date or county of your adoption, then CC will usually give it to you if you send them a a request. The CC that i worked with wanted a notarized letter from me as well as a copy of my ID and other stuff. Mainly it was to prove that I was who I said I was.
I also had to pay for my non identifying information. Get that from them if you can. It helps sometimes.
I have been grumpy enough today so I won't go into a rant on CC.
Best wishes and good luck.
I called mr.fellon and he said That my info wasn't in their files.I found out that my parents went through family courts in missouri,so I hired omini trace to help me.Pray that they find my son,he turn 38 on 11/3/2008 happy birthday my sweet boy! barb
1 Liked
 likes this.
JessLynn
WOW!!! I am surprised. I was adopted through Catholic Charties St. Louis myself, and I called Tom too and he told me he couldn't help me. That I had to contact the county I was adopted in, and the county people are telling me that Tom has to give me the information. So what's your secret? I would love to know. I am looking for my parents and he said that he couldn't help me. Any help would be great!
i would keep calling. There are forms he can send you that you fill out and return to him. He puts them in you file, so if your birthparents ever call to request information cc will contact you and let you know they are searching to. Call everyday if you have to. Tell him that you believe you were adopted through cc and you want him to confirm that for you. He should tell you he has to go get the file and call you back. The only advice i can give you is be persistant, dont give up, drive the man crazy. lol good luck.
Advertisements
Hi All, I just wanted to give an updated number for the St. Louis Catholic Charities Adoption dept. It is called Good Shepherd and the number is 314 854 5700. You can find Tom Fellon here. Hope this helps!
Here is the website [url=http://goodshepherdstl.org/]Good Shepherd Children and Family - Home[/url] for the Good Shephard and Tom Fellin's direct dial is 314.854.5728
1 Liked
 likes this.
So I talked to Tom Fellon again! This time he actually went to the archives building to look in my file. I was always told my bmom signed a notarized release form of some kind. Not true, my amom said they were always told all I had to do was make a phone call and all my records would be released to me. Also not true. But now I have my birthname which narrows my search a bit. So I searched my last name and found a man who meets my bfather info and is divorced which fits and in the right area and right age. I am debating on what to do. I have been trying to find any info for so long that this tidbit I've been given I'm trying to run with. I've thought of calling and asking if he knows anyone by that name and if he says no I can move on. I'm just not sure what to do. Tom says he can't open my file without me paying him $375. Which I don't know what that changes but apparently it changes everything!
1 Liked
 likes this.
I am trying to help my grandma find my aunt whom she gave up for adoption in 1957. My Grandma is not well and has been wanting to find her for quite some time. She was born July 5, 1957 at St. Josephs Hospital in Springfield, Il but the adoption took place at Catholic Services in E. St. Louis. I am new to this and would appreciate any help. I know that the place she gave her up for adoption no longer stands so I guess my question is where would I find out where the file is or is there a new place that would have these files at hand. Thank you ahead of time for the help.
Advertisements
2018, Tom is still working and can be reached at 314.854.5728. He also said the law has changed in the last 2 years that adoptee's can receive their birth mother's name for $15. I am looking for my half-sister born in the 80's. My mother was the birth mother.