Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Horror stories
She now thinks I'm going to be murdered in my sleep by a foster child.
Believe it or not you have a higher chance of getting murdered by your biological children than foster children.
As for the comments, I had family members all across the spectrum, so were for it, some were against it. Yes some fkids can be difficult, but sometimes they offer so much more than the heartache. As with any child, they all have issues and can be difficult to deal with.
Assuming your mom's not 20, if you think about it, your mother is from a different generation, where the foster kids had that stigma of being delinquents, troubled kids. That it was not the parents fault that they were abused/neglected it was because the kids were "bad". So whoever she is speaking to is more than likely around her age and grew up during the same time as her.
There is a positive story about every kid in foster care. My kids, yes they have behavior problems, but can be so endearing and loving, it outways the problems.
So its all how you look at it, and don't let your mom fool you. She will love those kids regardless!!!!