Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi! I just thought that I would try to start a thread to narrow down the search. (Many many pages to go through only to see that there aren't many with my year of birth!) Anyway, if an adoptee was born in 1967, put your information here. If an bparent is searching for a child born in 1967 put your information here. Good luck all!
Lori
I thought I would start this post out with my own.
I was born in Minneapolis MN in Hennipin county on Oct 5, 1967. I was placed through Lutheran Social Services and adopted out in December of 1967. (Not sure on the exact date, just know that it was before Christmas.) According to information that my amom received accidentally, I was originally named Theresa Moren and I supposedly have an older brother. (I'm not 100% sure on the spelling of the bname.) If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. I have requested information from MN Dept of Vital Records on whether there is an affidavite of disclosure/non-disclosure on file.
I hope this thread is helpful!
Sincerely,
Lori
Advertisements
Hey our stories are almost the same.I was born on 10-8-1967 in Hennipin county, Mn. But I was placed through Childrens Home Society on November 9,1967.I was told that I have a half sister who is 13 months older than me our mother kept her at least at the time I was born.My name at birth was "Jill" thats all I know name wise anyway.If this sounds like something anyone has heard please contact me at susanredhead1@aol.com Good luck to us all on what seems to be a long and hard road for most of us doing this thing called searching for our families. Sue
Hi Sue,
I just wanted to let you know that I went through the court system to see if I could get my records released. It was much easier than I thought it would be and as of Tues, they have been released! When I called, they told me that most of the time they do release the records. Whether it's true or not, it can't hurt. They told me if the records were released that it's only $5 per document copied (which could be a couple of pages or more.) $10 if you need it certified which I didn't. I even found out that if it's ordered that they give you the copies for free! (That was my case.) Anyway, good luck! I'm waiting for the copies! =-)
Lori
Hello All This Is A Hrd Page To Find But I Guess It Wouldnt Hurt To Post Here In Case Someone Is Looking For Me This Way Also I Was Born July 18 1967 In Farmers Branch Texas Aslo Known As Carrollton Texas At Brookhaven Hospital To A Lady Who Went My The Name Of Bishop I Do Know A Few Facts About My Birth At The Hospital That Only One Of The Nurses And My Birth Mother Would Know Please Contact Me If Any Of This Is Familar To You By The Way It Was A Private Adoption
Advertisements
Hey so how has it been going for you with your papers any luck? I was wondering if you could send me any addresses and phone numbers I need to get the paperwork started like you did.You can send it to susanredhead1@aol.com please and thankyou. Sue