Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Beth is now a healthy young woman and also gives her own account of how this therapy and parenting looked to her at the time and contributes that to her healing.
Strong sitting is merely yoga so have no clue why people have such an issue with it. I've done it myself
My 19 year old would tell you that this type of therapy saved his life and kept him from killing people.
I have been on the recieving end of this type of therapy as it's required before it's used on your children. The rebirthing crap isn't the same thing and no child could possible be injured done the way I was taught to do this.
This was a very, very painful thing to have to do and very painful to watch my kids go through it. So watching people attack it and act as if it's abuse just makes it that much more painful. It is an extreme therapy and not what I'd choose for most kids and didn't use it with all of mine.
As for Nancy Thomas parenting-love, laughter, helping a child feel proud of themselves, helping them find their inner strength to become self assured and self disciplined-don't see why this bothers people. My kids needed the structure. The felt out of control without it. Once they began feeling more safe, the structure lessoned.
The book being quoted contains the child's viewpoint and healing as well as Nancy Thomas' view. To me, hearing the child say it works is very powerful.