Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
MBjones,
Since this is an open adoption, could you not reassure her family that you are open to sending letters and pic to them also? I had the same situation in that my birthmom's parents did not want her to place the baby. They were very unhappy, but we didn't come into the picture till days before the birth. (she picked us at the last moment). Being that was over a year ago I realize now how I could have gotten past those first few weeks wandering about the bio grandparents had I just set there mind at ease from the beginning. WE have a good relationship with the grandparents that were so upset. And although I told them that our daugther would know them I wanted some time to get to know them first. It has been a good situation. Good luck and keep us posted.
c4yourself, I'm sorry that this should be an exciting time and now you have the added stress of all that is going on. I would say at this point say as little as need to get through this and hope that keeps everyone at bay. (not that you have done anything wrong, believe me I know how people mix words) You are so close that you will only have a few days to deal with this. Good luck