Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, this board is not very active, but thought I would try again....we live in Delaware County right outside of the city. We're pursuing domestic and just had our hs visit last week, hope to have it finalized by the end of the month. We're signed with a facilitator in California.
anyone else around?
I live in the Philly 'burbs too. We completed our first adoption 3 years ago and are trying to adopt again.
Regina
Advertisements
Hi Regina,
did you adopt domestically the first time? Will you be using the same agency and/or attorney? Good luck to you...
Eileen
Eileen,
I am in Delaware County ( Ridley Park Area) but we have adopted internationally. We brought our son home from Guatemala when he was 5 months old..soon to be three and we are currently in process with our daughter from Guatemala..she will be one in June.
Stacy
We adopted our son domestically. But our agency is very small and not active, so we will not be working with them again. Since we would like a child under 4 we decided to foster from the state with the hope of adopting. Things are moving very slowly now, but we hope to get placed eventually. Eileen and Stacy, how is your adoption process going?
Regina
Regina,
Just saw your post on another thread about the placement....congrats!! That's great news....best wishes to you.
As for me, still waiting to get even one call! I don't think our profile has gone out much, if at all....:hissy:
Advertisements
Thank you so much for the congrats! We were really lucky. We had our first meeting today and he is so beautiful. Because he is a toddler we are doing a gradual transition with lots of visits so that he can get used to us. I know how hard the waiting is.
here in wynnewood, pa. we just started our homestudy to adopt a young sibling group or individual from the state. we are so excited, but nervous too!
Good luck with your journey! We live in Lansdowne and we were just placed with a toddler from the state. The transition has been interesting and challenging. Adopting from the state has been confusing, but fortunately we have a good attorney.
Advertisements
My DH and I are just finishing up the pre-home study paperwork for a domestic infant adoption. We're working with an agency in PA, and we live near Phoenixville. Does anyone happen to know of a support group in the Philly suburbs for waiting families? Thanks :)
Hi Malloryn, we adopted our son 5 years ago. I live a few miles from Phoenixville. There wasn't a support group then but I'm not sure about now. There should be one. It would help so many people.
Many blessings to you in your adoption journey!! I hope you have a short wait.
Advertisements
Hi there, I live in Delaware County and haven't been able to find one myself. There definitely should be one! Do you know if your agency has some type of group? There's obviously a lot of people from the Philadelphia area, even though this thread isn't very active.
I'm thinking that I would like to start an adoptive parents/moms group after we bring our little one home.
Good luck with the rest of your adoption journey!
I new to the site and the adoption process as well. We live in North Wales and have our home study visit this week. Still working on selecting an agency and leaning outside of PA.