Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We are home! We had quite a time coming in to Newark International with immigration. The woman asked us if the US Embassy told us our girls woulld be citizens once they arrived in the US. To which we excitely responded "yes". She in turn insisted that no matter what the US Embassy told us, our girls are NOT citizens :hissy: and that they will receive green cards and we need to apply for citizenship. In my tired state I pointed out that their visas are IR3 visas and that we should not need to apply for citizenship. Needless to say, my more sane husband, nudge me to "be quiet before you get arrested" and when she assured me she would be sending the paperwork from the US Embassy to a "central location" and handed me back the girls passports stamped arrived on IR3 visa, we left.
Has this ever happened to anyone? I think the sleep deprivation and the "burst your bubble" tone of voice of the woman in immigration had me so annoyed that I probably was overly emotional about the situation. We were so excited to be on US soil that, I was shocked and forgot how rude people can be! (Needless to say they weren't nice to anyone in the place during our 1.5 hour wait there!)
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
Megan
If you are living in San Diego, California, I know some who have great knowledge about the Immigration IR3 visa, I hope the san Diego immigration lawyer will help if you will contact them.