Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
We are an AA family from New Orleans, LA looking to adopt an AA infant. My family consist of myself, DH and my 4 year old bio son.
I have been lurking and reading here and there and thought I might post to get reccomendations on agencies who are AA friendly both for paparents and AA bmoms. Our funds are limited, so we are looking for the least expensive options.
We will attend an orientation on LA state foster/adopting on April 1st. But, honestly, I don't think that DH, myself or my 4 year old can muster up the courage and conviction to care for a baby for a year or more to only have that baby taken away. And, I hear tha the waiting list for state adoption only scenarios can take years.
So, with all that said, If anyone as any information they can provide on quality agenices, please PM me. I would appreciate any and all information available.
Thanks!
Welcome!
I've adopted from the foster care system through the foster to adopt program and have completed a private adoption as well. There are pluses and minuses to each avenue.
Were you looking for a local agency or one outside your state? That might help with getting recommendations.
Advertisements
Sleeplvr
Welcome!
I've adopted from the foster care system through the foster to adopt program and have completed a private adoption as well. There are pluses and minuses to each avenue.
Were you looking for a local agency or one outside your state? That might help with getting recommendations.
We are looking for both. I've made a couple of inquiries to Catholic Charities and Volunteers of America within my local area. I'm waiting on materials. But, I'm willing to go out of state.