Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Glittergirl - As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I used Safe Haven to place my baby and can try to answer any questions you may have. I don't advocate for using Safe Haven, but am more than willing to share my experience. I had hidden my pregnancy as well as other factors that contributed to choosing SH as the path for me and my child. If financial reasons are the only reasons you would need to use Safe Haven, there are other resources that can help you.
You can be "stuck" on this decision for as long as you need. Placement is a decision that needs to be made so many times during the journey. YOu make the first decision, you research, you decide again, you think about it, you decide again....ultimately leading up to the final decision after your child is born and in your arms and you decide whether or not to sign TPR (termination of parental rights). You are NEVER required to place your child just because you've matched or selected a family or anything like that. You are Mom until you sign. Even after the birth you can take your time deciding to sign. Some states require a 3 day wait for example, but you MAY take longer.
You're only three months pregnant so you have a lot of time to think, to reasearch, and to reach out to others that have been wher eyou are. This is a great place to do that....please PM me if you would like. Best wishes.