Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
My name is Lisa and I'm from New Jersey. The stories of the adoptions of my two children were so unique and special that it led me to start investigating the stories of friends and family members who had adopted as well.
As it turns out, no one had an adoption process that went like the paperwork said it would. Each of our stories is a cliffhanger or a comedy. Some are tragedies and one was even like an international spy story. It got me thinking.
I decided to compile a book of adoption stories and I'd like your help...if you're interested. There is some criteria for submitting though; first, I'd like your contact information at the bottom but please use only first names in the body of the story. Second, I will not change anything about the story except grammatical errors, so if something is spelled wrong for a reason, please let me know. Finally, my goal is to have the book published by the summer of 2009 but I'm accepting all submissions until the end of January 2008. Please send them to the following address:
lmm0306@yahoo.com
in the subject line please write "Adoption Stories".
I will save all email addresses so I can notify you when the book is released.
Thank you for any and all submittals and if you have any questions for me before sending yours along, please don't hesitate to email me with whatever you'd like to know.
Kindest regards,
Lisa
I'm confused. Your deadline for accepting stories has already passed, yet your post is dated yesterday. What's the point?
Advertisements
Hi Lisa! I would love to participate . . . . and I would like to invite you to share your project on our adoption community website at [url=http://www.myredthreadjourney.com]myredthreadjourney.com (Powered by phpFoX)[/url] This is a new site where we are creating a community network for adoptive families where you can share your adoption story, upload pictures, share book reviews, or anything else that would be helpful to other adoptive families. Please stop by and join the Red Thread community! I'll email you privately about your book project, and I know that the Red Thread families would love to hear about this project, too! Hope to see you soon! Nina