Advertisements
Advertisements
That's pretty tough!! In general I'd just spend every second with my family. I'd help prepare them for it & I'd make sure that they had alot of great memories.
Advertisements
Well, you can be sure that somewhere in that last 48 hours, I'd go to confession!! I'd like to have Last Rites and partake of the Eucharist. And I'd like to sit on the beach one last time, watching the seagulls, feeling the ocean spray, and breathing in that wonderful salty breeze. I'd say goodbye to my loved ones, and spend some time with my son.
I would sit under a tree by the lake with my husband and daughter and pray. I would ask that after they grieve, they fill themselves with Jesus' love and know that I am radiant with joy.
After that I would cry (probably a lot) and show my husband one more time how to fix ponytails and match shoes with an outfit. I would remind him that he brought me back to God and ask him to always be the man I fell in love with. I would give him the password to my journal.
I would ask my daughter to laugh in my face so I could smell her sweet breath one more time. I would sing while she danced and dance while she sang. I would brush her hair and tell her 'Clover' stories. I would give her a special stone and tell her to hold it when she feels sad, and that no matter how many times she handles it, it will never wear away. I would tell her that God's love and my love are like that too. I would give her super-hugey kisses and tell her that I'm very proud of her.
The three of us would plant a tree.
Sally
[url=http://www.theadoptiveparent.blogspot.com]The Adoptive Parent[/url]