Advertisements
Advertisements
I just saw that he landed in Washington. It just cracked me up because Cokie Roberts just said that Pres Bush is "pumped' to have him here.
Is anyone seeing him on his visit?
I won't hold him against him (as a die hard Red Sox fan) that he is holding a Mass at Yankee Stadium!
Advertisements
I would love to see him as welll...
As far as Pres Bush goes (sigh...) He really should stick to a script.
Several years ago, I got to travel to st. louis to see John Paul--Amazing. Who knows if Benedict will ever get back tot he US again...
[QUOTE=Emster John Paul--Amazing. Who knows if Benedict will ever get back tot he US again...[/QUOTE]
When Pope John Paul II was in Los Angeles, there was a name drawing for all the cathecists for the Archidiose and one of my friends was one of the lucky ones to get a phone call from the Pope. I'm still so happy for her!
I would love to meet Pope Benedict XVI!
Advertisements
When Pope John Paul came to Detroit, my family went CRAZY - it was like....well, the Pope was coming - lol...
My family is Polish (dad's side) and the love and devotion to Pope John Paul was enormous...You'd go to my Grandma's house, and there his picture was in the midst of all of our family photos...lol.
It's wierd, but as much as I admire Pope Benedict, my heart still remains with Pope John Paul...forever the Polish loyalty in me, I guess...
I'd love to be able to see the pope! I'm not familiary with Pope Benedict. I just converted to Catholocism so I'm new to all of it... I read a book recently about Pope John Paul & he seemed so incredible! I'm fascinated by him now.