Advertisements
Advertisements
My wife and I are beginning the adoption process. We have tried for over 5 years to have a child with no success. After many fertility tests, treatments, and procedures, our doctor has told us that adoption is going to be our best course of action. We sent in our application 2 weeks ago. We are just waiting for the 1st informational meeting in August, which will begin the home study.
For anyone out there who has went through this, could you give us some idea of what to expect with the home study? I know all agencies might do things differently, but I am just looking for a general idea of what to expect. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Damon Anderson
Each home study is different, mine was simple.
All she did was look around the house and talked to us about our family history and why we wanted to adopt. The whole thing took about half and hour to an hour at most. The next visit was easier and more like talking to a friend about new events happening in our lives.
Good luck in your search.
Advertisements
We did a private adoption so we did not have to do a homestudy but I just wanted to wish you luck as you begin this journey!