Advertisements
Advertisements
I have been searching in Indiana for some time now. I have done all that the books and the experts have said to do but to no avail. I just received a copy of my birth certificate but was told that I was not entitled to my longform certificate because I was an adoptee. Here is what I have so far:
1. Agency non-identifying information
2. Registered with Indiana adoption registry
3. Registered with the International Soundex Reunion Registry
4. Attempted twice to obtain birth medical records with Parkview Hospital (once on my own, once through my physician). They state that the records no longer exist
5. Obtained non-identifying information from the Indiana adoption registry
6. Obtained medical information from Indiana adoption registry (there was none)
7. Obtained agency medical information (same as the agency non-identifying information
The only other option I know of is to petition the court but as I do not know how to go about doing this pro se, I am having a difficult time of it. Everywhere I turn I get hit with another road block. The funny thing is, I'm not sure I even want to meet my BF just know more about them.
More info on me: Born 4 October 1973 at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne Indiana. One of identical twin boys. Agency adoption via Catholic Social Services. I know approximately when my BP were born, where, and when they were married. I know that they were catholic and have sent information requests to the local parishes for any names of people matching their birth and marriage dates. I know that I have a brother and sister whom I have never met. Any suggestions?
I will be in Ft wayne tomorrow and will see what I can find for you. No charge. om me with what city you live in now. I am getting the same run around from terre Haute I need records from crittendon home there. Anyone help me?
Advertisements
I went to Ft wayne library and was told that I was too young for the birth indexes they have. I am 50, That is the only time I have heard young and 50 in the same sentence. :( :(
Guess we struck out here