Advertisements
Advertisements
To preface my post - this is what my agency urged me to do, please
check with your individual agency.
[url=http://www.ccainstitute.org/memoc.php]CCAI - Members of Congress[/url]
I was urged to write and fax a letter to any of my senators or representatives that are part of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption. And I was also encouraged to write and fax the four co-chairs: Senator Norm Coleman, Senator Mary Landrieu, Representative
Ginny Brown-Waite, and Representative James Oberstar.
In the letter, I asked the congressmen and senators to ask the US Department of State to write a letter to Dr. Long of the DIA and ask him to allow all dossiers submitted by July 1 to be grandfathered in and allowed to receive referrals after Sept 1. I also pointed out that I began my adoption process ago believing in good faith that the US and Vietnam would work together so adoptions could continue. I mentioned that with DNA
testing that had been implemented and by instituting the Orphans First program, these steps help bring more confidence to the adoption process which would allow the US to work with Vietnam to negotiate a new MOA. And finally I noted that by continuing Vietnamese adoptions while negotiating a new MOA, the US could help guide the Vietnamese toward a better adoption process.
Those were the points I hit. I'm praying these letters will be faxed and emailed and flood offices so adoptions can be continued.
Below are addresses and fax numbers of the four co-chairs of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption:
Senator Norm Coleman
320 Senate Hart Office Building
Washington , DC 20510
Main : 202-224-5641
Fax: 202-224-1152
Senator Mary Landrieu
724 Hart Senate Building
United States Senate
Washington , DC 20510
Voice: (202)224-5824
Fax:(202) 224-9735
Congressman James Oberstar
2365 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington , DC 20515
(202) 225-6211
FAX: (202) 225-0699
Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite
414 Cannon House Office Building
Washington , DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-1002
Fax: 202-226-6559
I sent e-mails and faxes. I have already had some responses. One of my responses was from a staffperson for VP Cheney. I sent him an e-mail last Friday and had a response from his office on Monday. They wanted more info and the names of the people that needed to be contacted. I gave them the names of the 2 consulate officials in VN. Hope this helps.
Waiting, hoping and praying........
Advertisements