Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone slept on a sofa bed lately? Are they comfortable for older aunts /uncles /grandparents that will stay two weeks or more?
Our guest room doubles as my junk room. Right now there's children's furniture (long story) in there. Dresser, desk, twin bed that I'm saving for Maya when she's older. I'm trying to decide if I should store them and put a full size queen bed and make it a real guest room or just temporarily store the twin bed and put in a sofa bed ??
Thank you for help, forum friends!
We have a guest room with a queen bed in it that serves as the main guest sleeping quarters but a couple times a year we'll have more than just one couple or an entire family here at once, so we wanted another option that didn't take up too much room. We are in the process of finishing off a room in our basement for Lucas' playroom and I looked into pretty much everything. We wanted a place where people could sit and hang out, but that would be comfortable for sleeping too and while daybeds are great for sleeping, they can be awkward to use as a couch. I found a couch online with a click clack mechanism that folds down to a double bed. It's comfortable, but not too expensive and it's a great size for the room and the price was right, around $500. I'll PM you with a link.
Advertisements
Now you can find sofa/futon beds. They look like a regular sofa, but recline like a futon.
I have a similar room issue, though "that room" is also the TV and sewing (sadly little sewing, but the machines live in there on their table) room as well as some bookshelves. What we did was get a futon but paid extra to get the nice inner spring mattress rather than the typical futon matress. It is as thick as a standard mattress and very comfortable. I've slept on it a couple times when the kids have been sick and there is little difference between that and the regular bed. That said, it was spendy-- $300 or so more than the standard matress and then you have to have a decent frame to support it.
Since you already have the full-size mattress set, I would use that -- but then again I'm pretty frugal ;)
While you may not choose it if you needed to sleep on it all the time, I think it is fine for a week or two, and still way more comfortable than a pull-out couch. DH and I sleep on a full-size when we visit my mom, and it's fine (we've been married 12 years - hardly "honeymooners" :eyebrows: , and certainly not with my parents in the next room - LOL) Ok, sorry if TMI. Oh, and I am not exactly petite.
Another thought-
I have a friend that has a real Murphy bed (hide a bed queen). It is awesome both in comfort to sleep on and also how it hides away into a nice piece of furniture. They are pricey though. Anna
Advertisements
We have 2 sofa beds and I upgraded the mattress on each of them. I also have a those mattress covers that look like egg crates to help out.
Such great ideas!
I really love the sofa / futon beds and thank you for the links! Overstock has really good prices.
My guests are SO lucky that I have adoption.com-forum-friends, :thanks: .
Happy 4th, everyone!
Sectional Sleeper Sofa
Having a nice sleeper sectional in the home or office serves so many different purposes. Of course, first it is a sectional sofa which makes arranging the so room much easier. Because it has individual sections the decoration possibilities are much greater and you will find that arranging them to fit the room is a snap.
A sectional sleeper sofa also has that hidden purpose. It can fold out to be a bed. Now there are countless scenarios when a sleeper sectional comes in handy.
Find out how a sectional sleeper sofa can be the perfect choice for your decorating project at [url=http://www.bestar-furniture.com/sectional-sleeper-sofa]sectional sleeper sofa[/url]
To add meaning to your garden or patio, you will need some beautiful items including garden or outdoor furniture. If you want garden or outdoor living room beautiful, you need to place outdoor sofa.
Choosing the right type of outdoor furniture and accessories could beautify your garden and intensify the already elegant design of any outdoor decoration.
A wicker outdoor sofa set is one of the most comfortable sofa sets that are not only cheap, but also very elegant. Most wicker sofa sets would last for a very long time, but you need to take good care and maintain it well. Cleaning and washing of the wicker patio furniture is a must and it needs to be done at regular intervals of time. As the wicker outdoor furniture is in the outdoors, you can expect dust and stains on it at the end of a day.
For all reason, make sure you find outdoor sofa for all weather. This sofa you can find it at [url=http://eahoo.blogspot.com/2013/02/outdoor-sofa.html]outdoor sofa[/url]
Advertisements
Sofas are considered to be one of the most integral elements of a living area. Since the living room is one of the most used areas of a house. special attention should be given to acquiring ideal furniture for enhancing its beauty
a modern fabric sofa can be a pricey affair and might consume a good portion of your overall living room decoration budget. However, there are a good number of places that can help the homeowners to live on the inexpensive side of the island and get their hands on pocket friendly sofas.
Online shopping is one of the most popular and widely accepted endeavors. It has greatly enhanced the overall shopping experience as high quality products can be purchased while sitting in the comfort of your home.
You might consider going online for finding modern fabric sofa sets at slashed down prices. There are a good number of online stores that deal in a wide range of contemporary furnishings and provide them for sale at discounted prices. visit [url=http://braands]Adoption, International, Domestic, Waiting Child, Baby, Infant, Open[/url] online store For shopping all kind of sofa
Curved Sofa
Curve sofas are a great addition to any room. They really make decorating so much easier. They go great in the living room, family room, den or office. Just make sure that you have enough space for it to fit. Measure two times maybe even three just to make sure it is going to fit.
But they are not always the easiest to find. This is especially true if you live in a smaller town, without many furniture stores. Online is a great place to find furniture.
Find out more about curved sofas online you can read at [url=http://traans.blogspot.com/2013/01/curved-sofa.html]curved sofa[/url]
These sofas can be quite expensive and requires a huge investment. So be very careful in choosing this type of sofa, keeping in mind the space and structure of your living room.
People today want to have reclining sofa. A reclining sofa allows you to relax completely in the most comfortable position, as your legs recline and chair fully supports your back and neck. its also the perfect choice for those who want to experience the utmost relaxation when watching TV or reading a book in the living room.
If you want to buy a reclining sofa, there is no need to go for an offline purchase which consumes huge amount of your time and money. You can order one online also.
There are huge numbers of online stores that are available on the internet which is offering the selling services for reclining sectional sofas.
On an online store, you can review various models through their photos or even through their 3d-modelling samples and you can order one which you like the most. Please visit this website - [url=http://goetmeng.blogspot.com/2013/03/reclining-sofa.html]Reclining Sofa: Reclining Sofa[/url]
People today want to have reclining sofa. A reclining sofa allows you to relax completely in the most comfortable position, as your legs recline and chair fully supports your back and neck. its also the perfect choice for those who want to experience the utmost relaxation when watching TV or reading a book in the living room.
If you want to buy a reclining sofa, there is no need to go for an offline purchase which consumes huge amount of your time and money. You can order one online also.
There are huge numbers of online stores that are available on the internet which is offering the selling services for reclining sectional sofas.
On an online store, you can review various models through their photos or even through their 3d-modelling samples and you can order one which you like the most. Please visit this website - [url=http://goetmeng.blogspot.com/2013/03/reclining-sofa.html]Reclining Sofa[/url]
Advertisements
Choosing a new sofa set for your home is not as easy as you think. The new sofa set must complement with your surrounding environmen. A very good option is to get sectional sofa of red color for living room decoration. Red likes black: Bright red does not go well with most other colors, but it looks fabulous with black and grey.
One of the best red leather sofas is the classic family ambiance design. It is made from top grain leather with vinyl leather match on the back and sides in red color. It also has multiple double cushions back with changeable position. The modern style and refreshing color is suitable for your boring living room.
More info about red leather sofa or want to view more item about this sofa furniture you can visit this website : [url=http://sofa-for-sale.blogspot.com/2013/03/red-leather-sofa.html]Red Leather Sofa[/url]
I live in a small studio apartment, so I also had to trade in my original bed for a sofa bed.
My advice would be to only get one if you're willing to spend some money, you can get some super shitty ones that neither work as a sofa or a bed. I spent around $1000 dollars for mine, and I'm super happy with it. Friends have often mentioned how comfortable it is, and I agree completely.
Last update on October 3, 5:58 am by David Greams.
Attachments
Sofa Bed.jpeg (147.31 kb, 73 views)